Todd Rich

Default Foredom question...

Well, I was getting ready to order a Foredom kit from MSC and I noticed
that MSC still carries the H series of motors (1/4HP 20,000RPM) which have
been discontinued from Fordeom. I was wondering if it would be worth it
to get them for the extra 5000RPM, or to call up MSC and see if they have
the new TXH 1/3HP 15,000RPM motors in and they just haven't gotten onto
the website yet.

Reason I'm not buying from Foredom directly is because I get a good deal
through my company when I buy from MSC.

The H & TXH both use the same shafts and handpieces, so accessories
shoudln't be an issue.
Todd
Grant Erwin

Todd Rich wrote:

Well, I was getting ready to order a Foredom kit from MSC and I noticed
that MSC still carries the H series of motors (1/4HP 20,000RPM) which have
been discontinued from Fordeom. I was wondering if it would be worth it
to get them for the extra 5000RPM, or to call up MSC and see if they have
the new TXH 1/3HP 15,000RPM motors in and they just haven't gotten onto
the website yet.

Reason I'm not buying from Foredom directly is because I get a good deal
through my company when I buy from MSC.

The H & TXH both use the same shafts and handpieces, so accessories
shoudln't be an issue.
Todd

You sure? I've seen MSC print images & prices in their catalog but when you try
to order them something's wrong and when you call the manufacturer it seems the
item has been discontinued. I ran into that trying to order a part for a Weldon
air bar once.

GWE
Todd Rich

Grant Erwin wrote:
Todd Rich wrote:

[...]

I called them, and while I didn't confirm that it was in stock, I did
confirm that they could get in the 1/3HP version, but they didn't have any
in stock currently. Btw, if anybody is interested, the # for the TXH440
kit (motor, shaft, foot speed control, handpiece, and a few accessories)
from MSC is 08845851.
Todd
Chuck Sherwood

Reason I'm not buying from Foredom directly is because I get a good deal
through my company when I buy from MSC.

Anybody can buy from MSC and get the catalog price.
Do a web search and I suspect you will find better prices.
I bought my foredom a couple years ago. I did a web seach and found
a place called Jantz supply. Latest products and good prices.
chuck
Todd Rich

Chuck Sherwood wrote:
Reason I'm not buying from Foredom directly is because I get a good deal
through my company when I buy from MSC.

Anybody can buy from MSC and get the catalog price.
Do a web search and I suspect you will find better prices.
I bought my foredom a couple years ago. I did a web seach and found
a place called Jantz supply. Latest products and good prices.
chuck

I'm not going to be paying the catalog price. The company I work for buys
quite a bit from MSC, so I get a better deal there, plus a few other
advantages my company throws in as well.

Jantz is a good company to buy from, and I belive I've bought stuff from
them in the past. However, it doesn't look like they are carrying the TXH
series of motors, which it looks like what I'll be getting.
Todd

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
Foredom Hand Rotary Tool Question SteveB Metalworking 9 December 17th 04 12:12 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM