Waynemak

Default Greenlee 880 bender hydro pump question

I picked up a used greenlee 880 bender, the hand pump doesn't move the
cylinder, does anyone have a diagram to rebuild this? I looked on the web
but found a bunch of adds. It seems as it a valve is stuck, if you remove
the hose it will just pump fluid in and out.

Pete C.

Waynemak wrote:

I picked up a used greenlee 880 bender, the hand pump doesn't move the
cylinder, does anyone have a diagram to rebuild this? I looked on the web
but found a bunch of adds. It seems as it a valve is stuck, if you remove
the hose it will just pump fluid in and out.

I wouldn't worry too much about a diagram, there isn't much to those
pumps. Just make sure you take careful notes as you take the thing apart
to clean it. I digital camera works wonders for this as does a styrofoam
egg tray.

Another really good thing for this type of project is one of the plastic
catch basins they make for washing machines. About 32" square x 2" deep,
great for containing all the hydraulic fluid while giving plenty of room
to work.

Pete C.