Default Blacksmithing

G'day, title says it all. Can someone steer me to a good
blacksmithing newsgroup. Looked through list of ngs and came up
blank. Thanks.

Regards, Mac
Proctologically Violated©®

try the welding ng for leads: sci.engr.joining.welding

--
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
wrote in message

G'day, title says it all. Can someone steer me to a good
blacksmithing newsgroup. Looked through list of ngs and came up
blank. Thanks.

Regards, Mac

Steve Smith

alt.crafts.blacksmithing comes and goes. I find far more info in the
Abana email list, TheForge:
http://www.abana.org/resources/education/theforge.shtml

You are not required to be a member of Abana, subscribing to TheForge is
free. Try it out. There is a bit of off topic discussion, but mainly
because people want to chat and don't have an on-topic to discuss. We've
been fortunate in not having any serious controversies interfering with
the interesting stuff for some time.

Steve Smith

wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:03:02 +0930,
wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Was reading alt.crafts.blacksmithing but it
wasn't getting any new posts. Will try it (and others).
Regards, Mac

G'day, title says it all. Can someone steer me to a good
blacksmithing newsgroup. Looked through list of ngs and came up
blank. Thanks.

Regards, Mac

Pete & sheri

Get "theforge" in "digest" mode. Unless it has changed recently, it is
a list server, not a newsgroup. You probably don't want 25 emails a day.
Check out my website, www.spaco.org. It has some triphammer content
that may be helpful.

Try anvilfire.com

The websites of several of the ABANA affiliates have some good content,
so don't miss them when looking at ABANA links.

Also, although the group's name doesn't come to mind, there is an pretty
active blacksmithing group in Australia. I'd do a little web searching
to find them.

Pete Stanaitis
-----------------------------

wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Was reading alt.crafts.blacksmithing but it
wasn't getting any new posts. Will try it (and others). Regards, Mac

G'day, title says it all. Can someone steer me to a good
blacksmithing newsgroup. Looked through list of ngs and came up
blank. Thanks.

Regards, Mac

The sandbox at artmetal.com is good, too:

The best blacksmithing stuff on the internet is not newsgroups, but
forums-

http://www.anvilfire.com/
(the guru's den and the hammer in)

http://www.forgemagic.com/bsforum.php

http://www.iforgeiron.com/

then there are a couple of good email lists-

the forge- subscribe at:

and the yahoo blacksmiths group