Mike C

Default Another guy .... playing the system at our expence.

Security certificate opponents 'rage' against government

By CP

MONTREAL -- Four days after a judge set the stage for Mohamed Harkat's
deportation, his wife lashed out at the federal government for holding the
Ottawa terror suspect without charges. "I have enormous rage against the
Canadian government," said Sophie Harkat, who travelled to Montreal yesterday to
join several dozen others in protesting national security certificates used to
detain five alleged terrorists without trial or charges.

"I'm a Canadian citizen and I don't have the right to know how my husband came
to be detained for 27 months without knowing the charges or the evidence ...
it's unacceptable."

Last Tuesday, a Federal Court judge upheld the certificate issued against
Harkat, who's been detained since December 2002 on suspicion of being an
al-Qaida sleeper agent. Harkat faces deportation to his native Algeria.

Suspected Moroccan terrorist Adil Charkaoui, another man detained under a
security certificate, also blasted the feds at the rally.

"They arrested me, they didn't show any proof and they told me I was very
dangerous," said Charkaoui, who was detained nearly two years before being
released under bail conditions in February.

"I want the government to give me a fair trial to clear my name and show I'm not
a terrorist."

Tom Miller

I give up! To what NG were you intending to post ?

"Mike C" wrote in message
Sorry, got into the wrong NG.