Bill Grimwood

Default 16 foot step ladder?

This is off subject here but where can i purchase a 16 foot step ladder?

Bill

Bruce L. Bergman

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:19:43 -0600, "Bill Grimwood"
wrote:

This is off subject here but where can i purchase a 16 foot step ladder?

They're out there, but not very common - you'll most likely have to
order one. Try Grainger, MSC, or any industrial supply house.

And an A ladder that big would be a pain to maneuver inside a
building and set up for use - we have a 24' trestle ladder that's bad
enough to wrassle around corners and up stairways. A trestle ladder
is a 12' step ladder with a 12' extension ladder in the middle. You
swing a leg over the top and straddle it, so you can work (reasonably)
safely with both hands free. Great for changing lamps on tennis
courts or high-bay fixtures, a bit dicey juggling 20-pound ballasts.

But I don't put it up in anything over a light breeze for obvious
reasons - and I /sure/ wouldn't try running a pressure washer from the
top of an A ladder unless I was lashed down nine ways to Sunday.

How does that quote go? Oh, yeah.
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."
And that hose has 2500 - 3500 PSI behind it...

Consider renting a manlift, and make sure you can go home safely at
the end of the day. The time you save getting the job done (versus
fighting with ladders) will more than make up for the rental fee.

The new JLG T-series lifts (I rented a brand-new T-350 last week,
sweet little lift) have both compressed air and pressure washer water
hoses already plumbed into the articulating arm, just plug in the
washer into the hose at the base and the wand in at the basket
fitting, get into position, and let it rip.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Cydrome Leader

Bill Grimwood wrote:
This is off subject here but where can i purchase a 16 foot step ladder?

Bill

www.birdladder.com
Bob

"Bill Grimwood" wrote in message
This is off subject here but where can i purchase a 16 foot step ladder?

An orchard ladder would be a good bet. Try a farm or gardening supply place
of some sort.

Bob

Brian Lawson

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:19:14 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Bill Grimwood wrote:
This is off subject here but where can i purchase a 16 foot step ladder?

Bill

www.birdladder.com

Page 148