JohnM

Default Everede mill head?

I'm back, with a mighty computer and WinXP (I like it, which suprises me..).

Anyway, I helped a friend out hauling auction purchases and ended up
with some goodies, among which is what looks like an end mill head.
Everede brand, probably WWII vintage, and in very good condition. The
thing is different from anything I've seen, as there's two directions of
travel in the housing; one adjusts the distance from the center point
under the head (in thousandths, aboput 4" of travel) and the other
causes the spindle to orbit around that center point (graduated in 1/60
of a degree- that's what, minutes of arc?) No provision for vertical travel.

1/2 hp motor, lots o' pulleys to give rpms from about 360 to 4000 and a
collet in the spindle that'll accept shanks about 1/2".

All in all, it's a nice looking piece- but what do I do with it?

John
JohnM

JohnM wrote:
I helped a friend out hauling auction purchases and ended up
with some goodies, among which is what looks like an end mill head.
Everede brand, probably WWII vintage, and in very good condition. The
thing is different from anything I've seen, as there's two directions of
travel in the housing; one adjusts the distance from the center point
under the head (in thousandths, aboput 4" of travel) and the other
causes the spindle to orbit around that center point (graduated in 1/60
of a degree- that's what, minutes of arc?) No provision for vertical
travel.

1/2 hp motor, lots o' pulleys to give rpms from about 360 to 4000 and a
collet in the spindle that'll accept shanks about 1/2".

All in all, it's a nice looking piece- but what do I do with it?

John

Repost, maybe it didn't get out..
axolotl

JohnM wrote:

All in all, it's a nice looking piece- but what do I do with it?

A Google search says it's a die maker's rotary head.

http://www.machinetools.com/mt/machi...25350376282263

Looks like fun to play with- mount it on a horizontal mill as a
replacement for a rotary table. The only problem might be the one I'm
having with my orphan Eklind milling head. Collets or endmill holders
aren't available.

Kevin Gallimore

JohnM

axolotl wrote:
JohnM wrote:

All in all, it's a nice looking piece- but what do I do with it?

A Google search says it's a die maker's rotary head.

http://www.machinetools.com/mt/machi...25350376282263

Looks like fun to play with- mount it on a horizontal mill as a
replacement for a rotary table. The only problem might be the one I'm
having with my orphan Eklind milling head. Collets or endmill holders
aren't available.

Kevin Gallimore

Yeah, that's it. I thought I googled fairly well on this one, but it
must be I didn't because I didn't find anything.. I know what it's
called now- thank you for the help.

John