Dave August

Default OT- Link to cool movies of super shreader

These guys make one hell of a shreader
http://www.ssiworld.com/watch/watch-en.htm

Watching this thing eat IBM-PC's whole is COOL!
The 55Gallon drum is good too.

Dave

bigegg

Dave August wrote:
These guys make one hell of a shreader
http://www.ssiworld.com/watch/watch-en.htm

Watching this thing eat IBM-PC's whole is COOL!
The 55Gallon drum is good too.

Shame you're spamming the site.

--
BigEgg

Dave Hinz

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:29:16 -0000, bigegg wrote:
Dave August wrote:
These guys make one hell of a shreader
http://www.ssiworld.com/watch/watch-en.htm

Watching this thing eat IBM-PC's whole is COOL!
The 55Gallon drum is good too.

Shame you're spamming the site.

Please explain "spamming" as you think it applies here?

bigegg

wrote:
Dave August wrote:
These guys make one hell of a shreader
http://www.ssiworld.com/watch/watch-en.htm

Watching this thing eat IBM-PC's whole is COOL!
The 55Gallon drum is good too.

Shame you're spamming the site.

Please explain "spamming" as you think it applies here?

A second link to same commercial site within a month, without comments about
making ones own version (as this is a "recreational" "crafts" "metalworking"
group)

It appears to me as though you are advertising the site.

I call this "spamming", might not be 5 posts on 5 newsgroups in 24hrs, but
even so.

It's an interesting website, yes.

But I won't be buying.

--
BigEgg

Dave Hinz

wrote:
Dave August wrote:
These guys make one hell of a shreader
http://www.ssiworld.com/watch/watch-en.htm

Watching this thing eat IBM-PC's whole is COOL!
The 55Gallon drum is good too.

Shame you're spamming the site.

Please explain "spamming" as you think it applies here?

A second link to same commercial site within a month, without comments about
making ones own version (as this is a "recreational" "crafts" "metalworking"
group)

Hm, I thought it was just some guy sharing cool videos with us.

It appears to me as though you are advertising the site.

I am not the Dave you have confused me with.

I call this "spamming", might not be 5 posts on 5 newsgroups in 24hrs, but
even so.

Well, one is enough to be spam, if it's spam. I don't see anything
particularly spammy here, and I don't see that Dave August is involved
with Acme Shredders or whoever it is. Maybe he's a clever shill, but
looks to me like someone just posting a cool link.

It's an interesting website, yes.
But I won't be buying.

I don't think that was his intent. Maybe I'm wrong.

Dave August

Hey Dave

Yer right, my intent was to share something I thought was cool with the
Mech-Heads here. I'm in no way connected with these shreader guys, a friend
sent me the link this morning. And if someone already posted it here, I
didn't see it.

The 'Other' Dave

wrote:
Dave August wrote:
[...]

bigegg

Dave August wrote:
Hey Dave

Yer right, my intent was to share something I thought was cool with
the Mech-Heads here. I'm in no way connected with these shreader
guys, a friend sent me the link this morning. And if someone already
posted it here, I didn't see it.

In that case, I apologise - too many late nights and too much sniffing of
coolant with no extractor fan is my (poor) excuse.

--
BigEgg

Joe

These guys make one hell of a shreader
http://www.ssiworld.com/watch/watch-en.htm

I used to help my dad build these... Not quite this big, but close...
Those are some serious monsters!
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Know someone with a motorcycle in the NY Metro area?
http://host.mynocdns.com/mailman/lis...rides_yunx.com

Eli the Bearded

In rec.crafts.metalworking, bigegg wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:
Please explain "spamming" as you think it applies here?

A second link to same commercial site within a month, without comments about
making ones own version (as this is a "recreational" "crafts" "metalworking"
group)

Dave didn't post the first link, I did.

Subject: (semi-OT) inustrial shredder videos
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:14:07 -0500 (EST)
You should be more careful before accusing people.

Elijah
------
it's not like you can't search for the post with google

BigEgg

Eli the Bearded wrote:

Dave didn't post the first link, I did.

You should be more careful before accusing people.

Hence the apology.

BTW, are you the same Eli the Bearded who used to run the ASSM archives?

--
BigEgg
Peter Grey

"Eli the Bearded" wrote in message
A second link to same commercial site within a month, without comments
about
making ones own version (as this is a "recreational" "crafts"
"metalworking"
group)

Dave didn't post the first link, I did.

Elijah

Well... maybe you and Dave have formed some type of spamming conspiracy, and
are trying to entice us all into buying big honkin' shredders. One can't be
too careful when it comes to falling prey to machine tool spammers, I always
say.

I gots my eye on you two...

Peter

Dave Hinz

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:25:11 GMT, Peter Grey wrote:

"Eli the Bearded" wrote in message
A second link to same commercial site within a month, without comments
about
making ones own version (as this is a "recreational" "crafts"
"metalworking"
group)

Dave didn't post the first link, I did.

Well... maybe you and Dave have formed some type of spamming conspiracy, and
are trying to entice us all into buying big honkin' shredders.

Damn, Eli, they're on to us. Back to the other place to refroup.

One can't be
too careful when it comes to falling prey to machine tool spammers, I always
say. I gots my eye on you two...

Three, sir. There's another Dave who is also a co-conspirator. Or
not. Damn, this is so confusing.

For what it's worth, I had 8 people around my desk today looking at
these videos. The pc-shredding one went over well (we're in IT),
but I think either the railroad ties, or the wooden pallets, were the
most impressive. Did anyone else catch the "medical waste" one, where
at the end, the guy runs his hands through the shredded results??!?!?

Peter Grey

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
[...]

Yep. That would have made me nervous. One needle prick and you're in
trouble... I figured next they were going to show us how that thing shreds
plutonium rods.

I didn't really see the point in the diaper shredding video. One would
think that it'd be a good idea to keep those sealed up.

Peter

Eli the Bearded

In rec.crafts.metalworking, BigEgg wrote:
BTW, are you the same Eli the Bearded who used to run the ASSM archives?

Yes.

Elijah
------
the archives are still available at www.asstr.org, but not run by me