Cliff

Default OT - NeoconNews

GOOD NEWS AT LAST !!!

The dollar is down 40% so far and another drop of 20%
is soon expected as long as Asia & the EU keep
supporting it.

OTOH The first to bail out of the dollar wins.

I doubt that anyone else will get 5 cents on the dollar
later.

Think of the prices on all those imported goods .....
oil/gasoline, coffee, many food items, anything
at Walmart, .....
Naturally, in an environment of hyper-inflation
all prices on US made goods must also rise.
Except for wages ......

ALL HAIL THE DEFICTS & THE NEOCONS !!!

(Not to mention the status of the most heavily
armed nation in the world [spends more than all other
nations combined] which is well known to be
full of gullible fools lead by a pack of liars.)

HTH
--
Cliff
bb

Cliff wrote:
GOOD NEWS AT LAST !!!

The dollar is down 40% so far and another drop of 20%
is soon expected as long as Asia & the EU keep
supporting it.

OTOH The first to bail out of the dollar wins.

Devaluation is a fact of life. Name a country where it hasn't been
done before.

Stormin Mormon

I can think of more countries where the currency has devalued. Germany after
WW1 comes to mind.

Wonder if the primitive cultures had devaluation? "Yesterday the price was
two banannas and an oog, but today it's gone up one bananna and two oogs".

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"bb" wrote in message
ups.com...

Devaluation is a fact of life. Name a country where it hasn't been
done before.

Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 02:42:16 GMT, the renowned "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I can think of more countries where the currency has devalued. Germany after
WW1 comes to mind.

Wonder if the primitive cultures had devaluation? "Yesterday the price was
two banannas and an oog, but today it's gone up one bananna and two oogs".

Banannas have intrinsic value (at least for a while). Dollars have
little or no intrinsic value (perhaps as a fuel or recyling into
packing material).

In misc.survivalism Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Banannas have intrinsic value (at least for a while). Dollars have
little or no intrinsic value (perhaps as a fuel or recyling into
packing material).

But you know very well that such an attribute is irrelevant.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,

Cliff

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 02:42:16 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I can think of more countries where the currency has devalued. Germany after
WW1 comes to mind.

So bin Laden won?
--
Cliff

Cliff

wrote:

Wonder if the primitive cultures had devaluation? "Yesterday the price was
two banannas and an oog, but today it's gone up one bananna and two oogs".

Have you seen their prices lately?
Imported, right?

BTW, As the dollar falls so does the value of everything
you may own , such as homes, in real world terms.
And your wages, naturally.

So far, the neocons have probably wasted HALF of the net
worth of the entire US when you think of it that way.
More to come and not all of it has yet worked it's
way thru the inventory to the consumer level.

Fundies & neocons are here to save you ..... much
more to come.

Any wagers on the end point? Above or below 5 Clinton
cents on the neocon dollar?
--
Cliff

In misc.survivalism Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Where does money come from, and why does it generally buy less every
year?

1. It is created and destroyed by various means. Major influences
include open market operations, the discount rate and bank reserve
requirements.

2. Because monetary growth has generally been faster than the growth in
goods and services.

But I suspect you already knew this.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,
by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the
disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
-- Dwight David Eisenhower
Stormin Mormon

I'd say so. We sure lost a LOT of freedoms. We're much closer to the
Binladen regine than the Bins are to our way of life. Just my opinion.
Besides, which side is paying the other? I mean, don't the losers pay the
winners?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

I can think of more countries where the currency has devalued. Germany

after
WW1 comes to mind.

So bin Laden won?
--
Cliff

Dan Murphy

Cliff wrote in
:

Wonder if the primitive cultures had devaluation? "Yesterday the price
was two banannas and an oog, but today it's gone up one bananna and
two oogs".

Have you seen their prices lately?
Imported, right?

29 cents/lb. at Aldi's. I'm wondering how do they ship them so cheap?

Dan
bb

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I can think of more countries where the currency has devalued.

Germany after
WW1 comes to mind.

Korea, Japan, even the USA has had several overt devaluations.

"Turn in your old money for this new money. Ten cents on the dollar.
And the old money is no longer legal tender after tomorrow."

Or the old "turn in your gold coins" scam.

Or they just sneak it in via "inflation."

Wonder if the primitive cultures had devaluation? "Yesterday the

price was
two banannas and an oog, but today it's gone up one bananna and two

oogs".

How much is that in seashells? Wonder how many seashells Warren Buffet
is worth? Wonder if Warren is related to Jimmy?

bb

wrote:

I can think of more countries where the currency has devalued.

Germany after
WW1 comes to mind.

So bin Laden won?
--
Cliff

Yep. Bin beat Germany. He got the german contracts with Saddam turned
off as part of the UN's "Oil for Vodka for the Republican Guard" deals.

bb

Dan Murphy wrote:
Cliff wrote in
:

Wonder if the primitive cultures had devaluation? "Yesterday the

price
was two banannas and an oog, but today it's gone up one bananna and
two oogs".

Have you seen their prices lately?
Imported, right?

29 cents/lb. at Aldi's. I'm wondering how do they ship them so cheap?

Dan

Boats. Barges.

Water transportation is the very cheapest of them all. Which is why
Congress doesn't want to fund improving the lock and dams on the
Mississippi River. If they did we just might be able to compete in a
global market.

Robert Sturgeon

wrote:

I can think of more countries where the currency has devalued. Germany after
WW1 comes to mind.

It would be harder to find a country whose fiat currency has
NOT declined in value.

Wonder if the primitive cultures had devaluation? "Yesterday the price was
two banannas and an oog, but today it's gone up one bananna and two oogs".

Not likely. You see, first you'd have to have pieces of
paper worth one banana (or oog) each which you could carry
around instead of the actual bananas and oogs - lighter and
easier to carry. Then you'd have to have the authorities
declare that the paper would no longer be redeemable in
bananas or oogs, and that people would still have to accept
the pieces of paper in payment of debt as if they were still
worth a banana or an oog. Then you'd have to have the
authority print up a lot more of those pieces of paper.
Presto - inflation. "Paper bananas" soon wouldn't be worth
as much as real bananas, but people would trade in paper
bananas - until, of course, the paper bananas weren't even
worth the paper they were printed on. Then, if the
authorities were still in power, they'd print up some new
paper - perhaps the paper coconut. Those wouldn't be worth
real coconuts, either, but the people would start over,
hoping "this time, it will be different." But it won't be.

--
Robert Sturgeon
Summum ius summa inuria.

Cliff

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 07:20:13 -0800, Robert Sturgeon
wrote:

Wonder if the primitive cultures had devaluation? "Yesterday the price was
two banannas and an oog, but today it's gone up one bananna and two oogs".

Not likely. You see, first you'd have to have pieces of
paper worth one banana (or oog) each which you could carry
around instead of the actual bananas and oogs - lighter and
easier to carry.

Money is just symbols for things like bananas and oogs.
IF you have a banana surplus they get deflated but
oogs may (or may not) be inflated.

The bananas and oogs matter. Perhaps the *accounting*
which converts bananas == oogs does as well.

HTH
--
Cliff