DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Miller 210 cart (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/93564-miller-210-cart.html)

chunk March 4th 05 03:53 AM

Miller 210 cart

Here's a link to some pics of an "off road" cart that I made
for my Miller 210. I made it last year but finally took some
pics of it tonight.

http://www.freakyacres.com/?p=210cart.php

Don Foreman March 4th 05 05:09 AM

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 03:53:46 GMT, chunk wrote:

Here's a link to some pics of an "off road" cart that I made
for my Miller 210. I made it last year but finally took some
pics of it tonight.

http://www.freakyacres.com/?p=210cart.php

Pittman arm steering, no less. Cool!

William Wixon March 4th 05 06:11 AM

nice looking projects! cart, roller, kiln, press. all.
when i saw your kiln i thought "that's the american way!" very cool.
practically free! that hot brick astounded me.

b.w.

k.net...

Larry Jaques March 4th 05 01:59 PM

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 03:53:46 GMT, the inscrutable chunk
spake:

Here's a link to some pics of an "off road" cart that I made
for my Miller 210. I made it last year but finally took some
pics of it tonight.

http://www.freakyacres.com/?p=210cart.php

A little Johnson's wax on 0000 steel wool will clean up that
argon tank nicely, chunk.

I've owned 2 of the Big Wheel carts from HF over the years:

and I now own one of these (RiteAid, similar but with mesh sides):

Buying's easier than building, but not as much fun, huh?

P.S: Did you ever paint that "maunal" press? ;)

Save the ||| http://diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming

Too_Many_Tools March 4th 05 06:12 PM

Hi,

I am having a REAL HARD TIME seeing your pictures. The web page never
completely shows up. Any idea why?

TMT

chunk March 5th 05 03:52 AM

William Wixon wrote:
nice looking projects! cart, roller, kiln, press. all.
when i saw your kiln i thought "that's the american way!" very cool.
practically free! that hot brick astounded me.

b.w.

"chunk" wrote in message
k.net...

Here's a link to some pics of an "off road" cart that I made
for my Miller 210. I made it last year but finally took some
pics of it tonight.

http://www.freakyacres.com/?p=210cart.php

I was astounded myself! Gotta weld up a potters wheel
so I can do some serious firing when it warms up this summer.

chunk March 5th 05 03:58 AM

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 03:53:46 GMT, the inscrutable chunk
spake:

Here's a link to some pics of an "off road" cart that I made
for my Miller 210. I made it last year but finally took some
pics of it tonight.

http://www.freakyacres.com/?p=210cart.php

A little Johnson's wax on 0000 steel wool will clean up that
argon tank nicely, chunk.

I've owned 2 of the Big Wheel carts from HF over the years:

and I now own one of these (RiteAid, similar but with mesh sides):

Buying's easier than building, but not as much fun, huh?

Much cheaper (if you don't count my time it cost $20) and better IMO since
it is lower to the ground. Plus the cheaper of your examples two can
tip easy when you turn. Can't stomach seeing my 210 dump over!!!

P.S: Did you ever paint that "maunal" press? ;)

haha! Never noticed that error! It's fixed now!
....but no, no paint till it gets warm outside!

chunk March 5th 05 03:59 AM

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Hi,

I am having a REAL HARD TIME seeing your pictures. The web page never
completely shows up. Any idea why?

TMT

I don't know why. It's a pretty simple page. The pics may be
a bit large for dialup but they should load. What browser/os
are you using?

Too_Many_Tools March 5th 05 04:11 AM

Internet Exploer 6.0

It loads the page but none of the pictures complete loading.

I have tried reloading the page at least a dozen times.

From what little I can see, your work looks good.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools March 5th 05 04:12 AM

Internet Exploer 6.0

It loads the page but none of the pictures complete loading.

I have tried reloading the page at least a dozen times.

From what little I can see, your work looks good.

TMT

DoN. Nichols March 5th 05 04:57 AM

In article .com,
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Internet Exploer 6.0

It loads the page but none of the pictures complete loading.

I have tried reloading the page at least a dozen times.

Interesting. I have no problems with Mozilla on a Sun
workstation. Could it be that someone has finally made a way to break
IE instead of using IE's broken syntax to break other browsers?

Or could it be an over-zealous firewall shooting you down?

Good luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

jackK March 5th 05 05:16 AM

DoN. Nichols wrote:
In article .com,
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Internet Exploer 6.0

It loads the page but none of the pictures complete loading.

I have tried reloading the page at least a dozen times.

Interesting. I have no problems with Mozilla on a Sun
workstation. Could it be that someone has finally made a way to break
IE instead of using IE's broken syntax to break other browsers?

Or could it be an over-zealous firewall shooting you down?

Good luck,
DoN.

Don,

You're using Sun products..... Know anyone who would be interested in a
SunBlade 100 desktop computer with a PCIpro card (pci card with a 700
mhz pentuim).... Basicly 2 computers in 1 (unix motherboard OS & Win on
PCI card)

Used for 1 week and then put in storage after a move.

Jack

chunk March 5th 05 02:12 PM

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Internet Exploer 6.0

It loads the page but none of the pictures complete loading.

I have tried reloading the page at least a dozen times.

From what little I can see, your work looks good.

TMT

Just for kicks download Firefox and try it. It's a small download
and you may end up liking it better anyway.

http://www.mozilla.org/

Mike Fields March 5th 05 02:57 PM

I have no problem with Internet Exploder 6.0 running on
XP Pro here. You may have a security setting in IE set that
is blocking the loading.

mikey

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in
message oups.com...
Internet Exploer 6.0

It loads the page but none of the pictures complete loading.

I have tried reloading the page at least a dozen times.

From what little I can see, your work looks good.

TMT

Larry Jaques March 5th 05 03:20 PM

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 03:58:05 GMT, the inscrutable chunk
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Buying's easier than building, but not as much fun, huh?

Much cheaper (if you don't count my time it cost $20) and better IMO since
it is lower to the ground. Plus the cheaper of your examples two can
tip easy when you turn. Can't stomach seeing my 210 dump over!!!

True, you don't want to do that. All of my experience in mig welding
was on a Millermatic, back in the late 80s/early 90s while wrenching
at a body shop. Nice machines, but I don't recall the actual model #.

P.S: Did you ever paint that "maunal" press? ;)

haha! Never noticed that error! It's fixed now!

You're welcome. --Q.A. Jake.

...but no, no paint till it gets warm outside!

Hey, point the propane jet motor at it for a minute and spray.
Piece o' cake, duck soup!

DoN. Nichols March 6th 05 12:18 AM

In article jgbWd.4246$ju.1643@okepread07,
jackK wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:

[ ... ]

Interesting. I have no problems with Mozilla on a Sun
workstation. Could it be that someone has finally made a way to break
IE instead of using IE's broken syntax to break other browsers?

[ ... ]

Don,

You're using Sun products..... Know anyone who would be interested in a
SunBlade 100 desktop computer with a PCIpro card (pci card with a 700
mhz pentuim).... Basicly 2 computers in 1 (unix motherboard OS & Win on
PCI card)

Used for 1 week and then put in storage after a move.

Hmm ... it depends on the price. I've checked with a friend,
who uses one at work, and he is not interested, but it might allow me to
connect directly to my photo quality printer (USB is its *only*
interface).

Your email looks munged above, so instead of trying to guess how
to un-mung it, I will simply reply here in the newsgroup, and let you
contact me via e-mail.

Thanks,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

jackK March 6th 05 04:31 AM

DoN. Nichols wrote:
In article jgbWd.4246$ju.1643@okepread07,
jackK wrote:

DoN. Nichols wrote:

[ ... ]

[...]

sent email
mine is
Jack

DoN. Nichols March 6th 05 05:08 AM

In article mIvWd.4471$ju.2968@okepread07,
jackK wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:
In article jgbWd.4246$ju.1643@okepread07,
jackK wrote:

[ ... ]

Your email looks munged above, so instead of trying to guess how
to un-mung it, I will simply reply here in the newsgroup, and let you
contact me via e-mail.

[ ... ]

sent email
mine is

No need to expose the address here.

I've got the e-mail, and will reply tomorrow. (I want to check
with my friend first, and it is too late to call him tonight.)

Thanks.
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |