DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for oil filter adapter ? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/92851-looking-oil-filter-adapter.html)

[email protected] February 26th 05 12:36 PM

Looking for oil filter adapter ?

I am lookiing for an oil filter adapter ( close threaded nipple) . I
want to use a 5/8"-18 oil filter orn a 3/4"-16. I am sure that these
are made but I can seem to find them at the local auto parts store .
Do they have another name? Sources ? - thanks

Nate Nagel February 26th 05 12:42 PM

wrote:
I am lookiing for an oil filter adapter ( close threaded nipple) . I
want to use a 5/8"-18 oil filter orn a 3/4"-16. I am sure that these
are made but I can seem to find them at the local auto parts store .
Do they have another name? Sources ? - thanks

Um, unless you've typed the sizes backwards, you're not going to find
one, 5/8" being smaller than 3/4"

Why do you want to do this, anyway? What's wrong with the stock filter
for your application?

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Rick February 26th 05 02:59 PM

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
I am lookiing for an oil filter adapter ( close threaded nipple) . I
want to use a 5/8"-18 oil filter orn a 3/4"-16. I am sure that these
are made but I can seem to find them at the local auto parts store .
Do they have another name? Sources ? - thanks

Um, unless you've typed the sizes backwards, you're not going to find
one, 5/8" being smaller than 3/4"

Why do you want to do this, anyway? What's wrong with the stock filter
for your application?

nate

He's talking about the threaded insert that screws into the block. Looks
sort of like a pipe nipple with a hex shaped ID.

To the original poster, can't say I've ever seen one. I've got a few metric
to 3/4, but not as aftermarket parts, just OEM..

Rick February 26th 05 03:04 PM

wrote in message
I am lookiing for an oil filter adapter ( close threaded nipple) . I
want to use a 5/8"-18 oil filter orn a 3/4"-16. I am sure that these
are made but I can seem to find them at the local auto parts store .
Do they have another name? Sources ? - thanks

Just curious on what filter has a 5/8"-18 thread. After posting my other
reply, I think I did have a few adapters, but these were machined in
house...

Larry Jaques February 26th 05 04:21 PM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:36:24 GMT, the inscrutable
spake:

I am lookiing for an oil filter adapter ( close threaded nipple) . I
want to use a 5/8"-18 oil filter orn a 3/4"-16. I am sure that these
are made but I can seem to find them at the local auto parts store .
Do they have another name? Sources ? - thanks

I doubt there is anything like that available. The size is too close.
More likely is a replacement housing with the smaller thread size.
What are you working on?

---
- Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -
http://diversify.com Web Applications

[email protected] February 26th 05 10:12 PM

I just found one -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V
- so they do exist . If I only knew the exact catalog description and
part # I could probably get NAPA to order it and pick it up for a few
$ .

Larry Jaques February 27th 05 03:18 AM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:12:29 GMT, the inscrutable
spake:

I just found one -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V
- so they do exist . If I only knew the exact catalog description and
part # I could probably get NAPA to order it and pick it up for a few
$ .

Oh, the filters you have now are MALE threaded and you want to
go to a standard female threaded style? Why dincha say so?

Print out that Ebay find and take it to the NAPA store. Have
the guy fax it in and let their distribution guys worry about
it.

Or contact any of the bypass filter folks who make them for
their units. You now have mfgr names and filter model numbers!

-
Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.
http://diversify.com

Steve Walker February 27th 05 04:12 AM

wrote:
I just found one -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V
- so they do exist . If I only knew the exact catalog description and
part # I could probably get NAPA to order it and pick it up for a few
$ .

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:36:24 GMT, wrote:

I am lookiing for an oil filter adapter ( close threaded nipple) . I
want to use a 5/8"-18 oil filter orn a 3/4"-16. I am sure that these
are made but I can seem to find them at the local auto parts store .
Do they have another name? Sources ? - thanks

Jeez!! $12 plus $5 S&H. $17 apiece. I think I'll make a few hundred
next weekend on our 2 spindle cnc lathe at work in my extra time. Think
I could sell them all at $9 plus $4 S&H?

--
Steve Walker
(remove wallet to reply)