Default stiffest benchtop for the money

Of the small/affordable benchtop (or toolroom size) type mills which
ones have folks found are the heaviest and stiffest for the money?

Joa

Rex B

I'm looking at a Seig X3. It's a big step up from a minimill.
lots of reviews on the web.

wrote:
Of the small/affordable benchtop (or toolroom size) type mills which
ones have folks found are the heaviest and stiffest for the money?

Joa

yourname

wow
Joa

The legs off a free old wood lathe.

Hmmm 3 three phase motors , might have to look into those rotary
converters ya'll talk about and I've yet to get. Would it be bad to
turn a 10 hp motor and only use 1/5 the power? Anyone care to explain
this stuff to me? How much does it loose , 3 hp turn 10hp use 2 hp ?

50amp120V/150amp330V/30amp330V?

Stupid question . Doesn't matter really , sooner or later I'm going
to have to have 330V its just that I realized that I have 3 of them
now and can't run a one.

Or is that how (kinda) it should be designed in the first place? Come
on please... I've read a **** load of those threads and still don't
get it. Even Jim R's picture(s). Maybe I can work on that till my
vertical mill shows up. Quit smoking maybe I can handle Huntington
Beach now. Better have good ice tea there also. I heard ya can't smoke
or drink on the beach there. Unbelievable ! Can you hit on the girls
and not get arrested?

That or give up. Its crossed my mind to just farm the damn dream out.
Last first time I tried that I couldn't find anyone with a bad enough
machine to do it. Now it should be easy. Sorry, I should start my own
post the way this is going. Will it ever stop raining in the desert?

Sunworshipper

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:33:43 GMT, yourname wrote:

wow
Joa

Worked for that junk RED mill.

[...]

OT - Social Security...Your Money Or Theirs? Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 34 February 11th 05 04:32 AM
I made a lot of money doing this! Nothing to lose! [email protected] Woodturning 4 January 27th 05 12:17 PM
easy money Onemoredrunk Home Ownership 0 October 11th 04 01:00 AM
FAST MONEY!!! Busy73 Home Ownership 0 July 25th 03 09:12 PM