TJIC

Default Technical Video Rental

If folks will pardon a quick plug:

I'd like to mention the website

http://technicalvideorental.com

We rent out lots of videos that may be of interest to folks he
lathe, mill, welding, tapping, etc.

Thanks!

Travis

Vladimir Vladimirovich

"TJIC" wrote in message
oups.com...
If folks will pardon a quick plug:

I'd like to mention the website

Nice idea, but you're going to charge $10 to RENT a video? I might pay $10
including shipping to buy one.

Robin S.

"Vladimir Vladimirovich" wrote in message

Nice idea, but you're going to charge $10 to RENT a video? I might pay $10
including shipping to buy one.

You should check the prices of such videos (through the Society of
Manufacturing Engineers, for example). Frequently more than $200 each, which
insn't bad since they are typically been shown to a class full of people.

Regards,

Robin

Larry Jaques

On 8 Feb 2005 09:44:31 -0800, the inscrutable "TJIC"
spake:

If folks will pardon a quick plug:
I'd like to mention the website
http://technicalvideorental.com
We rent out lots of videos that may be of interest to folks he
lathe, mill, welding, tapping, etc.
Thanks!
Travis

Yeah, and ten bucks for a week's rental, including shipping both ways,
isn't bad. It looks like an inexpensive way to preview specific tapes
prior to purchase.

Books can take us just so far, while videos relate a whole lot of
unspoken information at the same time, taking our knowledge a bit
further, until we get out lazy butts out into the shop again.

Proud (occasional) maker of Hungarian Paper Towels.
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design

Brian Lawson

Hey Vlad,

Maybe you've got the "customers" price in mindthat you would be happy
with, but all this type video cost quite a bit more retail. Try
looking up railway videos, or the NAMES show video. Or the price of
those ones he's got with Rudy K as the mc.

Take care.

Brian Lawson.
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:38:38 -0500, "Vladimir Vladimirovich"
wrote:

"TJIC" wrote in message
roups.com...
If folks will pardon a quick plug:

I'd like to mention the website

Nice idea, but you're going to charge $10 to RENT a video? I might pay $10
including shipping to buy one.

TJIC

Robin S. wrote:
"Vladimir Vladimirovich" wrote in message

Nice idea, but you're going to charge $10 to RENT a video? I might

pay $10
including shipping to buy one.

You should check the prices of such videos (through the Society of
Manufacturing Engineers, for example). Frequently more than $200

each, which
insn't bad since they are typically been shown to a class full of

people.

Regards,

Robin

Robin, Brian,

Thanks for giving Vlad and others info on the price of these videos.

Vlad: a bit more information:

I agree, $9.99 for an instructional welding or lathe video is a bit
steeper than $3.50 to rent Spiderman 2 at the corner video place. The
price reflects two things: (a) free postage both ways [ first class on
DVDs, Media Mail on VHS tapes]; (b) the much higher price of
instructional videos. Not too many of the videos are quite as
expensive as was suggested above, but they are pricey. A four part DVD
series on the 1911 pistol, for example, does cost over $200...(and
Technical Video Rental has invested over one thousand dollars in just
copies of this title alone, never mind the other 250 titles we carry)
and lots of other videos are north of $70 apiece, retail.

I'd argue that the question to ask yourself is "given the price of
these videos, would I rather pay $70 plus shipping to own one video, or
$69.93 [ and no shipping ] to rent seven different videos, spread out
over a year or more?".

Anyway, the service isn't for everyone...but if you're interested in
videos, give it a shot!

TJIC