Grant Erwin

Default Dumore Carvit .. what would *you* do with one of these?

I got one of these the other day for $5, missing the table & tracking stylus
but the motor runs fine and everything moves like silk. I'm trying to decide
what I might do with it. Here are a couple of references:

http://www.tinyisland.com/images/CarvIt.jpg

Ideas?

GWE
Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , Grant Erwin
wrote:

I got one of these the other day for $5, missing the table & tracking stylus
but the motor runs fine and everything moves like silk. I'm trying to decide
what I might do with it. Here are a couple of references:

http://www.tinyisland.com/images/CarvIt.jpg

Ideas?

GWE

Use it to make blue foam copies of things for lost-foam casting.
Eric R Snow

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:22:42 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

I got one of these the other day for $5, missing the table & tracking stylus
but the motor runs fine and everything moves like silk. I'm trying to decide
what I might do with it. Here are a couple of references:

http://www.tinyisland.com/images/CarvIt.jpg

Ideas?

GWE

Use it for engraving. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make it
into an adjustable scale pantograph. Maybe the missing table is what
you need to figure out a way to mount it to any surface so engraving
coulb be done on all sorts of odd shapes. Like machinery castings.
ERS