DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   latest contribution (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/90078-latest-contribution.html)

wallster February 7th 05 01:52 PM

latest contribution

I've been on lurk mode lately and haven't had any cool projects to share. I
finally got off my a$$ and made something. Here's a link to my latest
mini-chopper. These little bikes take about ten hours to produce. The gas
tank is made from 16 ga. sheet metal that gets bent to shape then tig welded
together. The tires are made from a 2" od pipe that i tack weld 7" long
discarded mattress border wire (about 3/16" steel rod that's tempured) to
and heat it, bend it round and weld it together. Then the pipe gets cut with
a chop saw and that forms the tire with a rim. Well anywho, here's a pic:
http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com/chopped_mini_3.jpg
Feel free to wander around the site and sign the guest book as well.
have fun everybody,

walt