Gunner

Default My Dan-Mig died

My old Dan-mig mig welder died on me today in mid bead. Nothing
lights up, but the fuses are ok. I ll try to trouble shoot it. Not
even a pilot light.

Sigh..damnit.
****.
****.
****
Sob.

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Modat22

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 03:32:09 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

My old Dan-mig mig welder died on me today in mid bead. Nothing
lights up, but the fuses are ok. I ll try to trouble shoot it. Not
even a pilot light.

Sigh..damnit.
****.
****.
****
Sob.

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

I assume it has rectifiers, you might have blown them, you can check
them with an ohm meter. You should have continuity in one direction
and close to open the other. If its shorted its bad if its open both
directions its bad.

If you can't find a direct replacement check out some high power diode
modules, you can find many of them at surplus or discount places.
Gunner

wrote:

[...]

I found the problem this morning (BIG sigh of relief). A wire had
come loose from the secondary side of the control transformer and was
dangling loose. It took a mirror to find it and put it back..its a
bit tight in there.

While I was in there, I tightened up every screw I could find.

Thanks all

Gunner