desperado

Default Where to purchase just a few gears?

where I used to work, they had a big catalog from Boston Gear. must have
been two inches thick. Not sure if they are still around but worth a try.

--
don paolino
"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
I'm an Electrical Engineer who's creating a one-off piece of

instrumentation
that needs to include two adjustment potentiometers that are controlled by

single shaft. These are multi-turn pots and they need to be "perfectly"
synchronized throughout their 10-20 turn range over a long period of time
and many adjustments. To avoid the complications of backlash, I think I
need just three gears (rather than belts or chains), one on a master shaft
and two slaves -- although I could probably also do it with just two

gears,
the mechanical construction is a bit simpler if I have identical mounting
for the two pots. This isn't a production item, it's one-off. The pots

are
just under 1" in diameter and the shafts are round and 1/4" diameter. I'd
appreciate a URL or three for some place(s) to purchase these gears and
similar things like this which come up from time to time.

TIA
Norm

Tim Wescott

desperado wrote:

where I used to work, they had a big catalog from Boston Gear. must have
been two inches thick. Not sure if they are still around but worth a try.

WM Berg also has stuff. Small Parts, Inc., has it too -- significantly
smaller selection of gears but a no-hassle retail ordering policy.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

EMCO V-10 (Compact 10) change gears info needed [email protected] Metalworking 0 September 17th 04 03:36 PM
Recommendations for greasing gears? Martin Whybrow Metalworking 4 August 25th 04 05:11 PM
gears... chasmorrill Metalworking 1 January 21st 04 06:13 AM
Thickness planer purchase dilemma- Ryobi or Dewalt? Dale Woodworking 8 July 28th 03 12:14 AM