ben carter

Default welcome to rec.crafts.OT

Is it me or is this newsgroup getting a little too OFF TOPIC? I mean, at
least talk about the war as it relates to metalworking...
Randy Replogle

"ben carter" wrote in message
u.edu...
Is it me or is this newsgroup getting a little too OFF TOPIC? I mean, at
least talk about the war as it relates to metalworking...

You must be new here. It's been this way as long as I've been
lurking/posting.
Randy

Tim Wescott

ben carter wrote:

Is it me or is this newsgroup getting a little too OFF TOPIC? I mean, at
least talk about the war as it relates to metalworking...

You just have to mentally filter the crap -- I just took time off
between August and November. Now that the election's over most of the
shouting has died down & it's more or less back to the usual din.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Vince Iorio

You miss understand the purpose of the group. It's not about
metalworking, it's about the "recreational crafts" that people
interested in metalworking are interested in.

And it's really like one big family, and like most families, it's a
little disfunctional.

Just my 2 cents ....

Vince

ben carter wrote:

Is it me or is this newsgroup getting a little too OFF TOPIC? I mean,
at least talk about the war as it relates to metalworking...

Lane

"ben carter" wrote in message
u.edu...
Is it me or is this newsgroup getting a little too OFF TOPIC? I mean, at
least talk about the war as it relates to metalworking...

Read what you want, don't read what you don't want. It's not that hard. Just
like at a family gathering or reunion, some conversations you like and join,
some you don't. But at least the family is all there.

Lane

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:35:13 -0800, the inscrutable Tim Wescott
spake:

ben carter wrote:

Is it me or is this newsgroup getting a little too OFF TOPIC? I mean, at
least talk about the war as it relates to metalworking...

You just have to mentally filter the crap -- I just took time off
between August and November. Now that the election's over most of the
shouting has died down & it's more or less back to the usual din.

If you use Agent, hit the "I" (ignore) button repeatedly until you see
something you like.

Works for me.

--
I speak 2 languages fluently: English and foul.
---------------------------

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:14:50 -0500, the inscrutable Vince Iorio
spake:

You miss understand the purpose of the group. It's not about
metalworking, it's about the "recreational crafts" that people
interested in metalworking are interested in.

And it's really like one big family, and like most families, it's a
little disfunctional.

Ah! In that case, I have just the tee for us:
www.diversify.com/st3.html Buy 2 and shipping is free to my "family."
/blatant plug)

--
I speak 2 languages fluently: English and foul.
---------------------------
http://diversify.com Mostly cuss-free Websites

Anthony

ben carter wrote in
u.edu:

Is it me or is this newsgroup getting a little too OFF TOPIC? I mean, at
least talk about the war as it relates to metalworking...

Use your killfile to filter out a minor number of particular posters, and
the majority of the OT stuff will be gone......end of problem.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email
Tom Gardner

Still my favorite analogy: "I went to the coffee shop with some friends and
they had the NERVE to talk about something other than coffee!!!"

"ben carter" wrote in message
u.edu...
Is it me or is this newsgroup getting a little too OFF TOPIC? I mean, at
least talk about the war as it relates to metalworking...

B.B.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/stuff/bz010416.gif

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/