DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Unatainium hits the big screen (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/86728-unatainium-hits-big-screen.html)

Tom Gardner January 17th 05 02:46 AM

Unatainium hits the big screen

My lifelong quest for a quantity of "Unatainium" for those ... (Special
Projects) is moot now that Hollywood has acquired the elusive metal. The
movie: "Core" was on the tube today and their under-earth ship was made of
it. It has better properties than I thought with the ability to convert
heat to electricity. Damn!!!

JR North January 17th 05 03:17 AM

That's "Unobtainium"
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Tom Gardner wrote:
My lifelong quest for a quantity of "Unatainium" for those ... (Special
Projects) is moot now that Hollywood has acquired the elusive metal. The
movie: "Core" was on the tube today and their under-earth ship was made of
it. It has better properties than I thought with the ability to convert
heat to electricity. Damn!!!

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Tony January 18th 05 02:01 AM

Yeah, I saw that show, and when the guy says " we can tap into the electric
current generated by the unobtainium" I immediately thought of rec crafts
metalworking!!!!!

It was an interesting grade B movie. It was better than getting up and
putting out the garbage so I kept watching.

Tony

om...