DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A rusty lathe question (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/85868-rusty-lathe-question.html)

Aaron Anderson January 12th 05 05:40 AM

A rusty lathe question

Hello looking at the photo's of the 10L i realized that on the second to
last photo under the micro stop there is a L shaped piece of metal with
a bed v, two holes on top and three lower I had one on my 10L mounted on
the top of the gearbox and just to the right looked factory but at the
time no one knew what it was for.... Anybody Aaron

Roger Shoaf January 12th 05 06:14 AM

"Aaron Anderson" wrote in message
Hello looking at the photo's of the 10L i realized that on the second to
last photo under the micro stop there is a L shaped piece of metal with
a bed v, two holes on top and three lower I had one on my 10L mounted on
the top of the gearbox and just to the right looked factory but at the
time no one knew what it was for.... Anybody Aaron

This is where you slide the stop when you are not using it or perhaps if you
are using a collet and are working close.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

jim rozen January 12th 05 01:01 PM

In article , Roger Shoaf says...

This is where you slide the stop when you are not using it or perhaps if you
are using a collet and are working close.

It's basically a left hand bed extension. For working close
as you say.

Jim

please reply to: