Gregg

Default Working with Gold?

Does anyone on here work with gold jewlery? I have always wanted to get into
gold jewlery making.repairing, are there any websites out there for this
kind of interest, for the self teaching people?

--
Thanks,
Gregg

ATP

"Gregg" wrote in message
Does anyone on here work with gold jewlery? I have always wanted to get

into
gold jewlery making.repairing, are there any websites out there for this
kind of interest, for the self teaching people?

When the local scrap yard starts giving away solid gold, maybe I'll try
machining it. You might check out Abrasha's posts.

Murray Peterson

"Gregg" wrote in
:

Does anyone on here work with gold jewlery?

Mostly silver, and once in a rare while, gold.

I have always wanted to get into gold jewlery making.repairing,

Repairing jewelry is not for the faint of heart. Make a mistake and you
are buying some new pieces out of your own pocket. Until you are very
good, stick to making your own.

are there any websites out
there for this kind of interest, for the self teaching people?

rec.crafts.jewelry
Here's the FAQ (including some recommended links and books):
http://users.lmi.net/~drewid/r.c.jewelryfaq.html

I would recommend that you start with silver instead of gold. You have a
lot of mistakes in your future, and silver is cheap.

Buy some books, take some courses, practice a lot, and good luck.
Martin H. Eastburn

Gregg wrote:

Does anyone on here work with gold jewlery? I have always wanted to get into
gold jewlery making.repairing, are there any websites out there for this
kind of interest, for the self teaching people?

There are other news groups that deal with Jewelery in specific.
Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Abrasha

Gregg wrote:
Does anyone on here work with gold jewlery? I have always wanted to get into
gold jewlery making.repairing, are there any websites out there for this
kind of interest, for the self teaching people?

I do.

If you have specific questions regarding jewelry, I suggest you go to
rec.crafts.jewelry and/or go to ganoksin.com, which is probably the best
resource for jewelry related information on the Net.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com