Henry Law

Default Is there a market for this ...

I know little about metalworking and am hoping that someone here can
help me - I did Google without finding much to answer my question.

I've inherited an old set of US-made small-size taps and dies made by
Greenfield, branded "OK Jr". They're 0BA-10BA (with 6BA missing from
dies and broken in taps) and include wrenches for both taps and dies.
They're in the original wooden box but it's lost all its labels and is
a bit scruffy. I think there once was a screwdriver in the set but
it's gone.

I thought about putting it on eBay but there are no other such items
there, which in the past I've found to be a bad sign, meaning "no
market". Any views?

Please note: I'm sure this newsgroup, like all the others I do
frequent, prohibits selling. I won't do that, don't worry!
--

Henry Law Manchester, England
Charles A. Sherwood

I've inherited an old set of US-made small-size taps and dies made by
Greenfield, branded "OK Jr". They're 0BA-10BA (with 6BA missing from
dies and broken in taps) and include wrenches for both taps and dies.

BA tap are useful for model building. All the older stuart models
specified these sizes. I think they would sell well on ebay.
onetaxace

Henry, the ba taps and dies are in demand by model engineers. I see you
are in the UK, so I would put them on e-bay. You could also post them
he

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ub...?ubb=forum;f=4

free classified forum, lots of model engineer people read it. If you
would in the US I would try to buy them from you myself.
Good Luck,

Onetaxace

Henry Law

On 3 Jan 2005 11:01:46 -0800, "onetaxace"
wrote:

Henry, the ba taps and dies are in demand by model engineers.

Thanks, Charles and the Ace. I'll go ahead with plan "A".
--

Henry Law Manchester, England
SteveB

"Henry Law" wrote in message
[...]

Just because you can't find any for sale on ebay doesn't mean anything. At
the top, click SEARCH. Then click ADVANCED SEARCH.

Click COMPLETED ITEMS box. This will tell you if any have been sold in the
last 30 days.

Even if you don't find any under COMPLETED ITEMS, I think they would
probably fetch a good price on ebay. Be sure to put the manufacturer's name
and "vintage" or "antique" in the title line.

ANYTHING WILL SELL ON EBAY. Take if from me. I've sold it.

Steve