whitaker33

Default Indicators

Anyone repairing dial & test indicators ?

Thank You
Spencer

http://www.longislandindicator.com/

I have NOT done any business with them.

SW

whitaker33 wrote:
Anyone repairing dial & test indicators ?

Thank You

Don Foreman

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:41:53 -0600, whitaker33
wrote:

Anyone repairing dial & test indicators ?

Look in the drop box. Ted Edwards posted a bit on that subject.
Errol Groff

Holts Precision Inc
Po Box 8368, Manchester, CT 06040
(860) 643-5157

Highly recommended! They have brought more than one of my measuring
tools back from the dead. Reasonable pricing (to my mind) and prompt
service.

I usually drop off my stuff and they mail it back but things can be
mailed (or UPS) both ways.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School
643 Upper Maple Street
Dantieson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
http://newenglandmodelengineeringsociety.org/

wrote:

Anyone repairing dial & test indicators ?

Thank You

machineman

whitaker33 wrote:

Anyone repairing dial & test indicators ?

Thank You

Mitutoyo has its own repair service for its products.

http://www.mitutoyo.com/Support/RepairService.html

Ted Edwards

wrote:

Anyone repairing dial & test indicators ?

Look in the drop box. Ted Edwards posted a bit on that subject.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...iles/DGAGE.TXT

Ted

Harold & Susan Vordos

wrote:

Anyone repairing dial & test indicators ?

Look in the drop box. Ted Edwards posted a bit on that subject.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...iles/DGAGE.TXT

Ted

Very clever method of making the crystal, Ted. Thanks.

Harold

jim rozen

In article , Harold & Susan Vordos says...

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...iles/DGAGE.TXT

Very clever method of making the crystal, Ted. Thanks.

This really works. I have four or five indicators I've
re-built, and replaced the xtal in them using this approach.

Jim

please reply to:
DoN. Nichols

wrote:

Anyone repairing dial & test indicators ?

Look in the drop box. Ted Edwards posted a bit on that subject.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...iles/DGAGE.TXT

Ted

Very clever method of making the crystal, Ted. Thanks.

My own approach is to machine the crystal flat, just turning the
edges round, and putting a bevel on them. Turn them to just a few
thousandths larger than the ID of the bezel ring.

Then, I support them with a polished ring at about 80% of the
OD, and press in on the center with a soft object (I used a golf ball,
FWIW) so you won't mar the surface. This domes the crystal, and reduces
the OD just enough so you can drop the bezel ring onto the OD. Then
release the pressure, and the OD expands to grip the ID of the bezel
ring. You can adjust the degree of doming by how much oversized the OD
happens to be turned.

The page which I put together to document this can be found at:

http://www2.d-and-d.com/PROJECTS/Crystals/index.html

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Robert Swinney

Thanks, Don for the excellent reference on dial indicators (clock gauges for
our English friends). And thanks also to Ted for authoring a most
informative article in the dropbox archives.

Bob Swinney

wrote:

Anyone repairing dial & test indicators ?

Look in the drop box. Ted Edwards posted a bit on that subject.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...iles/DGAGE.TXT

Ted

JMartin957

Anyone repairing dial & test indicators ?

Thank You

Mitutoyo has its own repair service for its products.

So does Starrett, and I believe they will do other makes as well.

John Martin