Charles Morrill

Default Somewhat OT, Good book

Just got finished reading a great book mom sent me for Christmas:
"Metzger's Dog."
It is one of the funniest, strangest things I have ever read, sort
of a very dark "Trustee from the Toolroom."
The hero (?) main character is a tool and die maker named Leroy
"Chinese" Gordon who has spent the past several years lovingly
constructing a working M-39-A1 automatic aircraft cannon to mount in
the back of his van. Gordon and his mercenary buddies proceed to rip
off a university lab of its pure cocaine (being used for research) and
in so doing, discover secret government reports on controlling human
behavior.
Somewhere in here I should mention that Metzger, actually Dr.
Henry Metzger, is a cat, and the only one of our intrepid crew who can
handle the enormous junk yard dog (found in a junkyard) that joins them
on their adventures blackmailing the CIA...
...that is manned by a collection of arrogant fools and one or
two very intelligent good guys (?).
Somewhere around 2 a.m. as I read about the gang shutting down
L.A. after a botched CIA strike, it occurred to me that a bunch of you
guys might like it a lot. I mean listen up: Cats, guns, machinists,
rabid dogs, stupid government, smart loners, dumb CIA, smart CIA,
hacking the entire phone grid, Gordon's very understanding beautiful
woman, and blowing up pick up trucks for fun out somewhere next to
Gunner's house....what else is there?

Charles Morrill

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:29:46 GMT, Charles Morrill
calmly ranted:

Just got finished reading a great book mom sent me for Christmas:
"Metzger's Dog."
It is one of the funniest, strangest things I have ever read, sort
of a very dark "Trustee from the Toolroom."

Sounds like fun. He has half a dozen other books out, too. Read any
more?

Somewhere around 2 a.m. as I read about the gang shutting down
L.A. after a botched CIA strike, it occurred to me that a bunch of you
guys might like it a lot. I mean listen up: Cats, guns, machinists,
rabid dogs, stupid government, smart loners, dumb CIA, smart CIA,
hacking the entire phone grid, Gordon's very understanding beautiful
woman, and blowing up pick up trucks for fun out somewhere next to
Gunner's house....what else is there?

Sex, no drugs, and rock'n'roll?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked.
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
http://www.diversify.com Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Ken Davey

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:29:46 GMT, Charles Morrill
calmly ranted:

Just got finished reading a great book mom sent me for Christmas:
"Metzger's Dog."
It is one of the funniest, strangest things I have ever read,
sort of a very dark "Trustee from the Toolroom."

Sounds like fun. He has half a dozen other books out, too. Read any
more?

Author?
Publisher?

Ken.

--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

Gunner

wrote:

[...]

LOL!!!!!!!! Sounds like a fun read. Ill check it out!

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:45:12 -0600, "Ken Davey"
calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:29:46 GMT, Charles Morrill
calmly ranted:

Just got finished reading a great book mom sent me for Christmas:
"Metzger's Dog."
It is one of the funniest, strangest things I have ever read,
sort of a very dark "Trustee from the Toolroom."

Sounds like fun. He has half a dozen other books out, too. Read any
more?

Author?
Publisher?

Thomas Perry, Thorndike Press, books pub'd 1983-1995