Errol Groff

Default Tab Wahsers

I need some help identigying these washers.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Tab_Washer.jpg

They are the sort that come with the Aloris style adjusting screws and
I would like to buy some but don't know what the proper name is.

Thanks for any help!

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Regional Technical School
Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811
Dan Murphy

Errol Groff wrote:
I need some help identigying these washers.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Tab_Washer.jpg

They are the sort that come with the Aloris style adjusting screws

and
I would like to buy some but don't know what the proper name is.

Thanks for any help!

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Regional Technical School
Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

Looks like an arbor spacer. These guys used to make them.
http://www.precisionbrand.com/
Don't know if they still do. You should be able to get them from MSC.
Dan

Cliff

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:51:30 GMT, Errol Groff
wrote:

I need some help identigying these washers.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Tab_Washer.jpg

They are the sort that come with the Aloris style adjusting screws and
I would like to buy some but don't know what the proper name is.

Thanks for any help!

Ask at your local bearing supply house about locking washers.

HTH
--
Cliff
machineman

Errol Groff wrote:
I need some help identigying these washers.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Tab_Washer.jpg

They are the sort that come with the Aloris style adjusting screws and
I would like to buy some but don't know what the proper name is.

Thanks for any help!

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Regional Technical School
Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

They have a milling machine washer on McMaster Carr's online catalog
http://www.mcmaster.com/ page 2841 Called steel shims with internal
tab. The only other type I have seen with the internal tab are bearing
nut washers that have the multipule external folding tabs to lock the
nut in place.
DoN. Nichols

wrote:

I need some help identigying these washers.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Tab_Washer.jpg

They are the sort that come with the Aloris style adjusting screws and
I would like to buy some but don't know what the proper name is.

Thanks for any help!

Ask at your local bearing supply house about locking washers.

Of course, you can buy them from MSC (and other Aloris dealers),
complete with the adjusting screw and nuts. If all you need is the
washers, this can get expensive, of course.

Hmm ... perhaps Errol can get his students to make some punches
and dies for blanking them out. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
I need some help identigying these washers.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Tab_Washer.jpg

They are the sort that come with the Aloris style adjusting screws and
I would like to buy some but don't know what the proper name is.

If you're actually using these for Aloris toolholders, I've
found that threaded clamp collars make a more convenient
adjustment than the double nut arrangement that comes with
the toolholders. 3/8-24 collars are $2.46/ea from McMaster
(p/n 6438K19), probably less from a bearing distributor.

Ned Simmons
Errol Groff

Thanks to all who posted. I haven't found what I was looking for so
may go with plain flat washers or look at Ned's suggestion.

BYW I emailed McMaster Carr last night describing what I was looking
for and got an email back first thing this morning. They don't have
it but that was good response even so.

Thanks again