Ahernwill

Default Whatever happened to Dave Ficken?

Jim Wilson

He went back to the sea.
Glenn Lyford

Whatever happened to Dave Ficken?

http://www.mermac.com/new.html
Ahernwill

In short- he went bust trying to sell used equipment.

Whatever happened to Dave Ficken?

http://www.mermac.com/new.html

Glenn Lyford

"Ahernwill" wrote in
nk.net:

In short- he went bust trying to sell used equipment.

Whatever happened to Dave Ficken?

http://www.mermac.com/new.html

One could infer that, or maybe look at it like he says:
He doesn't trust the future in an uncertain market and
is switching to a sure thing. One doesn't necessarily
have to go bust to see trends and act accordingly.
I respect him enough not to jump too far beyond what he
says.

--Glenn Lyford

Bernd

One could infer that, or maybe look at it like he says:
He doesn't trust the future in an uncertain market and
is switching to a sure thing. One doesn't necessarily
have to go bust to see trends and act accordingly.
I respect him enough not to jump too far beyond what he
says.

How did people survive before health care, retirement and other
benefits, like back in the 1900's?

Bernd

Ken Davey

Bernd wrote:
One could infer that, or maybe look at it like he says:
He doesn't trust the future in an uncertain market and
is switching to a sure thing. One doesn't necessarily
have to go bust to see trends and act accordingly.
I respect him enough not to jump too far beyond what he
says.

How did people survive before health care, retirement and other
benefits, like back in the 1900's?

Bernd

Short answer - lots didn't.
--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

GMasterman

How did people survive before health care, retirement and other
benefits, like back in the 1900's?

People were made different back then. They did not expect the government to pay
their way through life or feed their children. They believed that they should
be self suffucient instead on depending on the government handouts or for
their next meal
Gerald Miller

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:56:49 GMT, "Bernd" wrote:

One could infer that, or maybe look at it like he says:
He doesn't trust the future in an uncertain market and
is switching to a sure thing. One doesn't necessarily
have to go bust to see trends and act accordingly.
I respect him enough not to jump too far beyond what he
says.

How did people survive before health care, retirement and other
benefits, like back in the 1900's?

Bernd

They died young, and if they lived long enough, either one of the
youngsters stayed home with the folks, or, in the event that they did
marry and set up their own home, the old folks lived with them. Since
birth control was unreliable, families were large enough that seniors,
hopefully, had family to care for them; if not, there was usually a
county poor house.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Gary Brady

How did people survive before health care, retirement and other
benefits, like back in the 1900's?
Bernd

To give you some reference point, I was born in 1955. The appendectomy that
I had in 1963 cost $150. That included 3 days in the hospital. My parents
were self employed and had no access to gold plate health insurance, but
health care was affordable then. The huge medical subsidies of the Johnson
administration, i.e. Medicare/Medicaid, and their ensuing regulation, set
off a spiral of inflation in healthcare costs that has not stopped till this
day. I remember in 1983, I worked for a construction firm building a
$12million wing onto a hospital. One day, one of the directors there made
the offhand comment, "If we had known 3 years ago about the changes coming
in Medicare, we would'nt have built this new wing."

Heathcare was once affordable to the average person.
--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

steve

"Bernd" wrote in message ...
One could infer that, or maybe look at it like he says:
He doesn't trust the future in an uncertain market and
is switching to a sure thing. One doesn't necessarily
have to go bust to see trends and act accordingly.
I respect him enough not to jump too far beyond what he
says.

How did people survive before health care, retirement and other
benefits, like back in the 1900's?

Bernd

They saved their money. The majority of people think benefits are
funded by money that drops off some magical tree somewhere, or are
"gifts" from a corporation, when, in fact, they are simply deducted
from your paycheck, either directly or indirectly. In other words,
benefits are just forced savings (not that there is anything wrong
with that!).