Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Winston

Default Water Heater Maintenance

After another year, I did some more preventive
maintenance on my water heater. When I pulled
the anode, I found that it was coated with calcium
and other stuff thoughtfully supplied by our water
Co.

Mr. Ohmmeter (Hi, Speff!) indicated that conductivity
between the threads and the outside of the coating
was down to nearly nothing.

Several passes with the angle grinder deleted the
coating from the outside of the anode rod.
Ahh. Back down to nearly zero ohms.

Rinsed, taped and back in the tank.
Gas back on, depressure valve off. Water supply
back on. We are back on the air.

Sure glad I checked.

--Winston

Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 10:51 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Ownership 50 April 2nd 04 04:55 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Electric Water Heater Problem, Repair or Buy new, please help Robert Home Ownership 9 January 10th 04 01:09 AM