Gunner

Default Ping Tom Gardner

Tom..how the hell do you make a living selling those cup wheel wire
brushes????

I started a fresh one Thursday, derusting steel channel, prior to
welding and painting...an Im still using the same damned brush
today..and I cant see where its gotten any shorter or thinner.

By now Id have gone though at least 3-4 of the import cup wheel
brushes from Harbor Freight.

Geeezus..do they every wear out????

Btw...thanks for making a marvelous product.

Gunner

Come shed a tear for Michael Moore-
Though he smirked and lied like a two-bit whore
George Bush has just won another four.
Poor, sad little Michael Moore

Diogenes
Tom Gardner

A good one slipped out? Maybe you're just not using it wrong. If people
used brushes correctly, I WOULD be out of business. Seriously, we use
mostly Oil Tempered, High Tensile wire from the get-go, the imports are all
hard-drawn tire cord wire 'cuz it's $0.19 a pound vs $1.90 a pound for HT.
My stuff never sees the public, they can't get past the price of imports and
don't realize the difference and public retailers only handle what is least
expensive. Most people buy on price rather than "utility units". Put my
brushes at 20% more money next to imports and the consumer will take the
import every time. Thanks for the kudos!

ps. How do you like the latest batch of idiot posters here?

"Gunner" wrote in message
Tom..how the hell do you make a living selling those cup wheel wire
brushes????

I started a fresh one Thursday, derusting steel channel, prior to
welding and painting...an Im still using the same damned brush
today..and I cant see where its gotten any shorter or thinner.

By now Id have gone though at least 3-4 of the import cup wheel
brushes from Harbor Freight.

Geeezus..do they every wear out????

Btw...thanks for making a marvelous product.

Gunner

Come shed a tear for Michael Moore-
Though he smirked and lied like a two-bit whore
George Bush has just won another four.
Poor, sad little Michael Moore

Diogenes

Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:23:25 GMT, the renowned "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

A good one slipped out? Maybe you're just not using it wrong. If people
used brushes correctly, I WOULD be out of business. Seriously, we use
mostly Oil Tempered, High Tensile wire from the get-go, the imports are all
hard-drawn tire cord wire 'cuz it's $0.19 a pound vs $1.90 a pound for HT.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wish people would explain this sort of thing more often.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Tom Gardner

I could write a book about wire brushes but they are so "Un-romantic" and
nobody other than professionals that use brushes all day long WANT to know
about efficient productive applications. Imported consumer brushes are all
crap for a reason...that's what the market wants, and that's where the money
is. Most people buy a brush for one job and that's it. People like Gunner
use them down to the nubs, but he, and others like him would have a hard
time even finding "Professional" brushes. Hey, I make some low-end stuff
too for hadrware wholesale and mill supply where price is the only criteria.

wrote:

A good one slipped out? Maybe you're just not using it wrong. If people
used brushes correctly, I WOULD be out of business. Seriously, we use
mostly Oil Tempered, High Tensile wire from the get-go, the imports are
all
hard-drawn tire cord wire 'cuz it's $0.19 a pound vs $1.90 a pound for
HT.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wish people would explain this sort of thing more often.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Info for manufacturers:
http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
http://www.speff.com

geoff m

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:47:14 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

I could write a book about wire brushes but they are so "Un-romantic" and
nobody other than professionals that use brushes all day long WANT to know
about efficient productive applications. Imported consumer brushes are all
crap for a reason...that's what the market wants, and that's where the money
is. Most people buy a brush for one job and that's it. People like Gunner
use them down to the nubs, but he, and others like him would have a hard
time even finding "Professional" brushes. Hey, I make some low-end stuff
too for hadrware wholesale and mill supply where price is the only criteria.

Ever thought of exportign to New Zealand. Not that you woudl want to
get involved in onsey-twosy private sales, but all we get here is
Chinese crapola, and it is damn expensive as well. Be nice to get some
decent ones..
Geoffm