Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Daven Thrice

Default Measuring, lining up & drilling holes

I have a piece of 1", 1/8" aluminum angle iron that is 18" long and 1/8"
thick. I want to drill sixteen holes in it, in a straight line, each hole 1"
away from the other. I also have a flat piece of aluminum that is 2" x 18" x
1/8" thick. I want to drill two rows of 16 holes in that one. All holes are
1/4" in diameter.

I've scrapped enough metal to set my ego aside and admit that I need help
with the very basics of basics. How do I make the measurements, mark them,
and then drill the holes?

Thanks!

Drilling aluminum chassis - Question Crumb Metalworking 16 July 25th 04 08:10 AM
Fence post holes too big Lost-In-Translation Home Repair 4 June 19th 04 04:07 PM
Drilling holes in HHS Tom Thorsen Woodturning 7 October 31st 03 09:20 PM
Drilling holes John Edgar UK diy 5 September 8th 03 04:47 PM
screw holes in maple hardwood floor blue Woodworking 10 July 16th 03 07:18 PM