Ace

Default OT--Plotter parts

Have power supply, I/O, X-Y converter cards etc from a HP pen plotter.

Anybody interested?

I tore the thing apart and used the base to construct a roll-a-way stand for
my bandsaw. Quite a bit of aluminum sheet parts which I'll use for
whatever.

The electronics are good to the best of my knowledge.

Too_Many_Tools

Thanks for the offer but did you happen to price what that (I assume
working) plotter was worth before you tore it apart?

If it was a E-sized HP plotter, it was still worth over two thousand
dollars to the right buyer.

Ironically I just sold a similar HP plotter a couple of months ago for
that price.

You might want to Ebay the parts if you are willing to guarantee that
they work.

Even parts machines are worth hundreds of dollars to current users.

Of course, it does make for a very nice bandsaw stand too.

TMT

"Ace" wrote in message ...
Have power supply, I/O, X-Y converter cards etc from a HP pen plotter.

Anybody interested?

I tore the thing apart and used the base to construct a roll-a-way stand for
my bandsaw. Quite a bit of aluminum sheet parts which I'll use for
whatever.

The electronics are good to the best of my knowledge.

asdf

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Thanks for the offer but did you happen to price what that (I assume
working) plotter was worth before you tore it apart?

If it was a E-sized HP plotter, it was still worth over two thousand
dollars to the right buyer.

For a _pen_ plotter?

Ironically I just sold a similar HP plotter a couple of months ago for
that price.

Again... for a _pen_ plotter?

"Ace" wrote in message ...

Have power supply, I/O, X-Y converter cards etc from a HP pen plotter.

Anybody interested?

I tore the thing apart and used the base to construct a roll-a-way stand for
my bandsaw. Quite a bit of aluminum sheet parts which I'll use for
whatever.

The electronics are good to the best of my knowledge.

Too_Many_Tools

Yeah...I was surprised too.

If you need a E-sized drawing, you need it. Go to your Circuit City
and try to buy a E-sized printer off the shelf.

Also, some CAD programs still expect and only work with a HP pen
plotter even though HPGL is supposed to be a portable data format and
drivers are supposed to be updated.

Finally, some clients WANT pen plots...hey, its their money.

So if you have someone who NEEDS a E-sized drawing produced by a CAD
program that expects a HP pen plotter, the older HP roll around
plotters are still the ticket.

TMT

"Ace" wrote in message ...

Have power supply, I/O, X-Y converter cards etc from a HP pen plotter.

Anybody interested?

I tore the thing apart and used the base to construct a roll-a-way stand for
my bandsaw. Quite a bit of aluminum sheet parts which I'll use for
whatever.

The electronics are good to the best of my knowledge.

asdf

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Yeah...I was surprised too.

If you need a E-sized drawing, you need it. Go to your Circuit City
and try to buy a E-sized printer off the shelf.

Also, some CAD programs still expect and only work with a HP pen
plotter even though HPGL is supposed to be a portable data format and
drivers are supposed to be updated.

Finally, some clients WANT pen plots...hey, its their money.

So if you have someone who NEEDS a E-sized drawing produced by a CAD
program that expects a HP pen plotter, the older HP roll around
plotters are still the ticket.

TMT

Well better buy them up on ebay. An HP E size pen plotter was $100
last I checked. I threw away two working D size pen plotters two years
ago because no one wanted them.