DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lubricant advice neded. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/648800-lubricant-advice-neded.html)

Ivan Vegvary[_2_] May 4th 20 05:49 AM

Lubricant advice neded.

40 year old metal toolchest. Decent condition. Removad all drawers for cleaning etc.
What would be the correct lubricant for thr drawer glides upon reassembly?
All advice greatly appreciated.

Clare Snyder May 4th 20 03:14 PM

Lubricant advice neded.

On Sun, 3 May 2020 21:49:16 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

40 year old metal toolchest. Decent condition. Removad all drawers for cleaning etc.
What would be the correct lubricant for thr drawer glides upon reassembly?
All advice greatly appreciated.

I don't know what the "correct" lubricant would be, but I know what I
would use. I'd use either "super Lube" - a silicone grease - or Fluid
Film - a lanolin grease because they are the best for the application
that I happen to have on hand. I'd MOST likely use the SuperLube

wws[_2_] May 4th 20 03:55 PM

Lubricant advice neded.

On Sunday, May 3, 2020 at 11:49:19 PM UTC-5, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
40 year old metal toolchest. Decent condition. Removad all drawers for cleaning etc.
What would be the correct lubricant for thr drawer glides upon reassembly?
All advice greatly appreciated.

A teflon dry lube won't attract dust or stain your box like oil .

Ivan Vegvary[_2_] May 4th 20 03:56 PM

Lubricant advice neded.

Thanks, Clare

Gunner Asch[_6_] May 4th 20 05:40 PM

Lubricant advice neded.

wrote:

40 year old metal toolchest. Decent condition. Removad all drawers for cleaning etc.
What would be the correct lubricant for thr drawer glides upon reassembly?
All advice greatly appreciated.

I don't know what the "correct" lubricant would be, but I know what I
would use. I'd use either "super Lube" - a silicone grease - or Fluid
Film - a lanolin grease because they are the best for the application
that I happen to have on hand. I'd MOST likely use the SuperLube

https://www.amazon.com/Behlen-B750-1.../dp/B0006ZP8JC

I was given a "can" of this by a vendor. Works surprisngly well.
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.

Cydrome Leader May 6th 20 09:27 PM

Lubricant advice neded.

wrote:

40 year old metal toolchest. Decent condition. Removad all drawers for cleaning etc.
What would be the correct lubricant for thr drawer glides upon reassembly?
All advice greatly appreciated.

I don't know what the "correct" lubricant would be, but I know what I
would use. I'd use either "super Lube" - a silicone grease - or Fluid
Film - a lanolin grease because they are the best for the application
that I happen to have on hand. I'd MOST likely use the SuperLube

second superlube. It's cheap, clear and drawers are not anything
precision. Superlube does separate easily so, don't over do it or you'll
get oil creep.