Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lubricant advice neded.

40 year old metal toolchest. Decent condition. Removad all drawers for cleaning etc.
What would be the correct lubricant for thr drawer glides upon reassembly?
All advice greatly appreciated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 3 May 2020 21:49:16 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

40 year old metal toolchest. Decent condition. Removad all drawers for cleaning etc.
What would be the correct lubricant for thr drawer glides upon reassembly?
All advice greatly appreciated.

I don't know what the "correct" lubricant would be, but I know what I
would use. I'd use either "super Lube" - a silicone grease - or Fluid
Film - a lanolin grease because they are the best for the application
that I happen to have on hand. I'd MOST likely use the SuperLube
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, May 3, 2020 at 11:49:19 PM UTC-5, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
40 year old metal toolchest. Decent condition. Removad all drawers for cleaning etc.
What would be the correct lubricant for thr drawer glides upon reassembly?
All advice greatly appreciated.

A teflon dry lube won't attract dust or stain your box like oil .
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks, Clare
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

40 year old metal toolchest. Decent condition. Removad all drawers for cleaning etc.
What would be the correct lubricant for thr drawer glides upon reassembly?
All advice greatly appreciated.

I don't know what the "correct" lubricant would be, but I know what I
would use. I'd use either "super Lube" - a silicone grease - or Fluid
Film - a lanolin grease because they are the best for the application
that I happen to have on hand. I'd MOST likely use the SuperLube

https://www.amazon.com/Behlen-B750-1.../dp/B0006ZP8JC

I was given a "can" of this by a vendor. Works surprisngly well.
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

40 year old metal toolchest. Decent condition. Removad all drawers for cleaning etc.
What would be the correct lubricant for thr drawer glides upon reassembly?
All advice greatly appreciated.

I don't know what the "correct" lubricant would be, but I know what I
would use. I'd use either "super Lube" - a silicone grease - or Fluid
Film - a lanolin grease because they are the best for the application
that I happen to have on hand. I'd MOST likely use the SuperLube

second superlube. It's cheap, clear and drawers are not anything
precision. Superlube does separate easily so, don't over do it or you'll
get oil creep.