Metalworking (rec.crafts.metalworking) Discuss various aspects of working with metal, such as machining, welding, metal joining, screwing, casting, hardening/tempering, blacksmithing/forging, spinning and hammer work, sheet metal work.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21   Report Post  
Old February 1st 20, 02:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 281
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 14:38:10 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:



I'm sure you will have some excuse or some left handed insulting way of
responding. Enjoy yourself. I just want to thank you for your time.
Here's hoping you have a great rest of your day.


There is a saying, "never wrestle a hog. You'll find yourself filthy
and the hog loves it.

When you argue with the likes of this guy, you never win and you'll
find you've pulled yourself down to his level.

Simply killfile him and forget he ever existed.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address


  #22   Report Post  
Old February 1st 20, 07:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,375
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 14:42:56 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 1/31/2020 10:04 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 18:05:01 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

No interest..Ill slide em on Ebay and start em at $10 for the
lot.

I have two small lathes with 3C adapters in the spindles. I would
be interested if I knew for sure they would fit up nice in a 3C
taper, but historically you've been unreliable for me both before
and after your stroke. Let us know if you put them on Ebay, and I
may bid on them, but I'm not going to do a private party deal.

Yep. EBay will take care of him for you...
They stopped allowing sellers to mess with buyers many years ago.
Nowadays it's easy being a buyer on eBay. I will be surprised if he even
"slides" them onto eBay.

Whatever, good luck.


471 transactions and 100% positive feed back says you are a ****ing
troll, as well as a moron.

But..we already knew that.

Laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh!!

Most expensive thing Ive sold on Ebay was a Lagun FT-5 mill. Sold for
$11,000.

Most expensive thing Ive bought on Ebay was $25,000.00

Got a perfect feedback rating

Check me out.



I sold three Harleys on Ebay in a week for a net of about $34K and
thousands of dollars worth of Harley parts around that same time period.
So what. I've got 100% feeback on Ebay as well. Doesn't mean a thing
the way Ebay has *******ized and broken the feedback system. I'd rather
have a negative from a troll than see the system made 100% meaningless
the way it is today.


Good for you! Glad you sold your Harleys? Must be pretty hot weather
down there in Yuma for ridding a scooter. Sorry to hear about Ebay.
And I tend to agree with you on it becoming a joke.
Of course you obviously must know I was responding to Widdle Wudy when
he he posted:

Yep. EBay will take care of him for you...
They stopped allowing sellers to mess with buyers many years ago.
Nowadays it's easy being a buyer on eBay. I will be surprised if he even
"slides" them onto eBay.

Whatever, good luck.


Hope you find $2 collets. Best of luck to you!!

Gunner, off to So Cal for another 2 weeks in the salt mine.



__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.



  #23   Report Post  
Old February 1st 20, 08:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,375
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 20:27:33 -0500, Neon John wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 14:38:10 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:



I'm sure you will have some excuse or some left handed insulting way of
responding. Enjoy yourself. I just want to thank you for your time.
Here's hoping you have a great rest of your day.


There is a saying, "never wrestle a hog. You'll find yourself filthy
and the hog loves it.

When you argue with the likes of this guy, you never win and you'll
find you've pulled yourself down to his level.

Simply killfile him and forget he ever existed.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address



Wonderful advice! Though Im not sure where there was an argument.
Shrug.

Gunner
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.



  #24   Report Post  
Old February 1st 20, 08:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,375
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 23:23:14 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Lack of follow through again. Not because you didn't actually post a
picture of your pile of dirt and rust covered "Hardinge" collets, but
because you didn't bother to respond even though you clearly indicted
you wanted to think it over. More than one time implying it was a
possibility you might accept. I was left wondering whether you would
accept or not. Instead I found it in a different branch of the
conversation in a reply to somebody else entirely. Purely by luck.

So this tells me that while you will follow through eventually if
publicly shamed for your past behavior... not really. You didn't even
have the courtesy to say, "no thank you."


Im a bit confused...I did post photos..you did admit seeing them (dust
covered yes..rust covered no)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bkPdFdmFakVrV4zs9

And I did indicate several times I was going to ponder on your offer,
and I did finally state it was too low. Im still somewhat confused as
to what you are bitching about. This wasnt in an email..this has been
totally in a public thread, nothing private about any of it. You do
realize that for "privacy" you have to use email or the phone or even
messaging. All of the various corresondence has been public..where
anyone who is following the thread can read it..so Im a bit confused
about you appearing to think this was all done in private and you were
left out somehow. Blink blink....

Have a nice next few weeks. As I said..feel free to put me in your
Bozo bin. It wont break my heart in the slightest and it may make you
feel better.

Gunner
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.



  #25   Report Post  
Old February 1st 20, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,641
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?


I chose to believe you were just extremely forgetful or indifferent
about doing what you say in the past, but this thread has lead me to
think there is a possibility you are also a liar.

You said you would do something for me. Actually you offered right here
on Usenet. Totally a favor when I was just starting in machining, but
YOU OFFERED. You didn't do it. I actually mentioned it years ago, and
it turned out you had a stroke. I felt bad and let it drop at the time.
Now it was a favor or an awfully nice gesture, but the fact is you
didn't do what you said you would do.

You said you would meet me to look at a machine if I paid for your fuel
and bought you lunch. I told you in advance when I would be there and
called you on the phone when I was headed out which was when you said
you decided to do something else that day. Sure its not what you get
paid to fix a machine, but YOU OFFERED. I didn't ask you to. The fact
is you didn't do what you said you would do.

Twice you have said you have a bunch of something I needed and to just
email you a list of what I need and you would give me a price. I did
email you, and took the time to put together a list. You never followed
through. The fact is you didn't do what you said you would do.

This time you didn't have the common courtesy to just say no thank you.
A much smaller thing so it doesn't actually qualify as not doing what
you said you would do, but in light of your history does nothing to make
you look any better.

There are several smaller things as well. One might accuse me of
holding a grudge. No, but I don't forget either. I know you are
unreliable.

I am sure you have excuses, but the fact is when it comes to follow
through with me you just didn't do what you said you would do. Maybe
you still have memory issues from your stroke. Maybe its you not giving
a ****. Regardless you are proven to be unreliable by your own lack of
doing what you say you will do.

Post your collets on Ebay all cleaned up with nice pictures and sorted
with detailed information and all the bad ones thrown out. I might bid
on them. I might not.


  #26   Report Post  
Old February 1st 20, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,641
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

Repeated So you don't miss it:

I chose to believe you were just extremely forgetful or indifferent
about doing what you say in the past, but this thread has lead me to
think there is a possibility you are also a liar.

You said you would do something for me. Actually you offered right here
on Usenet. Totally a favor when I was just starting in machining, but
YOU OFFERED. You didn't do it. I actually mentioned it years ago, and
it turned out you had a stroke. I felt bad and let it drop at the time.
Now it was a favor or an awfully nice gesture, but the fact is you
didn't do what you said you would do.

You said you would meet me to look at a machine if I paid for your fuel
and bought you lunch. I told you in advance when I would be there and
called you on the phone when I was headed out which was when you said
you decided to do something else that day. Sure its not what you get
paid to fix a machine, but YOU OFFERED. I didn't ask you to. The fact
is you didn't do what you said you would do.

Twice you have said you have a bunch of something I needed and to just
email you a list of what I need and you would give me a price. I did
email you, and took the time to put together a list. You never followed
through. The fact is you didn't do what you said you would do.

This time you didn't have the common courtesy to just say no thank you.
A much smaller thing so it doesn't actually qualify as not doing what
you said you would do, but in light of your history does nothing to make
you look any better.

There are several smaller things as well. One might accuse me of
holding a grudge. No, but I don't forget either. I know you are
unreliable.

I am sure you have excuses, but the fact is when it comes to follow
through with me you just didn't do what you said you would do. Maybe
you still have memory issues from your stroke. Maybe its you not giving
a ****. Regardless you are proven to be unreliable by your own lack of
doing what you say you will do.

Post your collets on Ebay all cleaned up with nice pictures and sorted
with detailed information and all the bad ones thrown out. I might bid
on them. I might not.
  #27   Report Post  
Old February 1st 20, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,641
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

One more time:


I chose to believe you were just extremely forgetful or indifferent
about doing what you say in the past, but this thread has lead me to
think there is a possibility you are also a liar.

You said you would do something for me. Actually you offered right here
on Usenet. Totally a favor when I was just starting in machining, but
YOU OFFERED. You didn't do it. I actually mentioned it years ago, and
it turned out you had a stroke. I felt bad and let it drop at the time.
Now it was a favor or an awfully nice gesture, but the fact is you
didn't do what you said you would do.

You said you would meet me to look at a machine if I paid for your fuel
and bought you lunch. I told you in advance when I would be there and
called you on the phone when I was headed out which was when you said
you decided to do something else that day. Sure its not what you get
paid to fix a machine, but YOU OFFERED. I didn't ask you to. The fact
is you didn't do what you said you would do.

Twice you have said you have a bunch of something I needed and to just
email you a list of what I need and you would give me a price. I did
email you, and took the time to put together a list. You never followed
through. The fact is you didn't do what you said you would do.

This time you didn't have the common courtesy to just say no thank you.
A much smaller thing so it doesn't actually qualify as not doing what
you said you would do, but in light of your history does nothing to make
you look any better.

There are several smaller things as well. One might accuse me of
holding a grudge. No, but I don't forget either. I know you are
unreliable.

I am sure you have excuses, but the fact is when it comes to follow
through with me you just didn't do what you said you would do. Maybe
you still have memory issues from your stroke. Maybe its you not giving
a ****. Regardless you are proven to be unreliable by your own lack of
doing what you say you will do.

Post your collets on Ebay all cleaned up with nice pictures and sorted
with detailed information and all the bad ones thrown out. I might bid
on them. I might not.


  #28   Report Post  
Old February 1st 20, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,375
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Sat, 1 Feb 2020 09:05:10 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:


I chose to believe you were just extremely forgetful or indifferent
about doing what you say in the past, but this thread has lead me to
think there is a possibility you are also a liar.

You said you would do something for me. Actually you offered right here
on Usenet. Totally a favor when I was just starting in machining, but
YOU OFFERED. You didn't do it. I actually mentioned it years ago, and
it turned out you had a stroke. I felt bad and let it drop at the time.
Now it was a favor or an awfully nice gesture, but the fact is you
didn't do what you said you would do.

You said you would meet me to look at a machine if I paid for your fuel
and bought you lunch. I told you in advance when I would be there and
called you on the phone when I was headed out which was when you said
you decided to do something else that day. Sure its not what you get
paid to fix a machine, but YOU OFFERED. I didn't ask you to. The fact
is you didn't do what you said you would do.


Huh? When, where and what?

Twice you have said you have a bunch of something I needed and to just
email you a list of what I need and you would give me a price. I did
email you, and took the time to put together a list. You never followed
through. The fact is you didn't do what you said you would do.

This time you didn't have the common courtesy to just say no thank you.
A much smaller thing so it doesn't actually qualify as not doing what
you said you would do, but in light of your history does nothing to make
you look any better.

There are several smaller things as well. One might accuse me of
holding a grudge. No, but I don't forget either. I know you are
unreliable.

I am sure you have excuses, but the fact is when it comes to follow
through with me you just didn't do what you said you would do. Maybe
you still have memory issues from your stroke. Maybe its you not giving
a ****. Regardless you are proven to be unreliable by your own lack of
doing what you say you will do.

Post your collets on Ebay all cleaned up with nice pictures and sorted
with detailed information and all the bad ones thrown out. I might bid
on them. I might not.


Shrug...I dont have a clue what you were talking about above. Not a
clue. Shrug. You do know I had a stroke in 2009, right? I dont
remember a lot of stuff before that..or for the next 5-6 yrs. I have
a decent rep in the business and have had for 20+ yrs, though did have
some scheduling problems due to bad memory as I said, from
2009-2015ish. Which is why I keep a clipboard on my dash to keep track
of everything each day. And I review what Im supposed to be doing for
people using the same clipboard. This morning, I ran over my reminder
list and dragged out a rotary phase converter that Im giving to a
person who asked for one. Giving. Ill deliver it this evening and
help him hook it up, for pizza from Sams Club. Hardly mercenary..as I
only know the guy from a phone call. Shrug.

But hey..go ahead..kill file me and lets be done with this topic. You
arent interested..those collets are readily available on Ebay..so Im
sure you dont want mine.

Be well..have a very nice day!

Gunner

__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.



  #29   Report Post  
Old February 1st 20, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,641
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?


Gunner,

Like I said, both before AND after your stroke. As recently as last
year and as far back as 2005. You are self proven to be unreliable. I
don't give a damn how generous you claim to be to somebody else. The
fact is over and over again you have failed to do what you said you
would do. I don't really care about your collets either. I just bought
a bunch of brand new ones (different type) from Universal DeVlieg. Its
really not about the money for me and never was.

I do not hold a grudge, but I don't forget either. You are always
welcome to be better than that. Have a better life.


  #30   Report Post  
Old February 1st 20, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,375
Default Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

On Sat, 1 Feb 2020 09:06:45 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

One more time:


I chose to believe you were just extremely forgetful or indifferent
about doing what you say in the past, but this thread has lead me to
think there is a possibility you are also a liar.

You said you would do something for me. Actually you offered right here
on Usenet. Totally a favor when I was just starting in machining, but
YOU OFFERED. You didn't do it. I actually mentioned it years ago, and
it turned out you had a stroke. I felt bad and let it drop at the time.
Now it was a favor or an awfully nice gesture, but the fact is you
didn't do what you said you would do.

You said you would meet me to look at a machine if I paid for your fuel
and bought you lunch. I told you in advance when I would be there and
called you on the phone when I was headed out which was when you said
you decided to do something else that day. Sure its not what you get
paid to fix a machine, but YOU OFFERED. I didn't ask you to. The fact
is you didn't do what you said you would do.

Twice you have said you have a bunch of something I needed and to just
email you a list of what I need and you would give me a price. I did
email you, and took the time to put together a list. You never followed
through. The fact is you didn't do what you said you would do.

This time you didn't have the common courtesy to just say no thank you.
A much smaller thing so it doesn't actually qualify as not doing what
you said you would do, but in light of your history does nothing to make
you look any better.

There are several smaller things as well. One might accuse me of
holding a grudge. No, but I don't forget either. I know you are
unreliable.

I am sure you have excuses, but the fact is when it comes to follow
through with me you just didn't do what you said you would do. Maybe
you still have memory issues from your stroke. Maybe its you not giving
a ****. Regardless you are proven to be unreliable by your own lack of
doing what you say you will do.

Post your collets on Ebay all cleaned up with nice pictures and sorted
with detailed information and all the bad ones thrown out. I might bid
on them. I might not.


I was having coffee with my client a few moments ago and I asked him
about my memory back when after the stroke. I was quite dismayed at
what he told me..something about "you were a ****ing zombie...you
could do the work just fine, but we had to call you daily to make sure
you would remember to come here. You left your tools both here and at
other clients places more than once and had to retrieve them...." and
more of the same. I asked him about the last few years..and he said
"100% improvement..no problems....you still get distracted easily..but
its because you are trying to do too many things at the same time,
which is partially our fault..we keep you busy and ask you to do a
lot."

So you may well be right. Give me your shipping address and Ill flat
rate box them up after I get home in 2 weeks and ship em to you. You
pay the shipping. Period. What..$20 for a medium flat rate box? And
pay that after you get them.

And I apologize. All I can say.

And remind me again when you see me posting here in 2 weeks. Please.

Gunner

__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.





Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chemical fire : bunch of homes gonna need repair Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 1 February 21st 14 02:18 AM
For Swingman and a bunch of Texans Charlie Self Woodworking 11 September 24th 05 01:49 AM
'offsubject' says thanks a bunch, cl. Chuck Lorentzson Metalworking 0 April 4th 05 05:32 AM
A bunch of new projects on my web site Joe Wilding Woodworking 7 February 25th 05 08:28 PM
Anyone need Hardinge 4C collets? Gunner Metalworking 20 January 4th 04 08:28 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2020 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"

 

Copyright © 2017