DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT forklift carb identity (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/64212-ot-forklift-carb-identity.html)

Backlash August 7th 04 11:33 PM

OT forklift carb identity

I have an older Datsun forklift with a Nissan D11 engine in it. 1138 cc. The
carburetor is a 2 barrel with a factory blockoff plate to convert it to a
single barrel. The only numbers I can find on this thing is the markings
R-12 cast into the side of the cast iron base near the 4 bolt flange, and an
oval cast into the aluminum top that is marked either ISO, or possibly OSI,
depending on how you read it. I know that some Nissan engines used Hitachi
carbs. Can anyone help identify this thing, possibly from past experience? I
can call the dealer on Monday, but what fun is in that? They will probably
want a number off the non-existent tag anyway. I would appreciate any help
on this.

RJ
--
"Have no one say it, and say it to your shame, that all was well here, until
YOU came."

Backlash August 9th 04 02:18 AM

OT forklift carb identity

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow, but I'll see if I can take a pic of
it this week. I got it going today, but it could use a rebuild kit, still.

Thanks,
RJ

Miki Kanazawa August 9th 04 06:09 AM

OT forklift carb identity

Does the forklift run on gasoline, diesel, propane or Mr. Fusion?