Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Coveralls

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 00:49:46 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 10:17:29 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:

On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 01:42:29 -0000 (UTC), bob prohaska
wrote:

I'm looking for some coveralls to use for working on the ground,
sometimes under the car and sometimes under the house.

The only two brands I recognize are Dickies, which are relatively
cheap and widely available online, and Carhartt, which are much
more expensive and considerably harder to find. I'm looking specifically
for coveralls, not overalls, and will need size small which seems
a bit scarce.

Can anybody comment on the relative merits, or better yet suggest
something superior/cheaper? I've used disposable Tyvek suits but
would prefer something mechanically tougher and washable.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

My favorite coveralls:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/19...-coverall-camo
https://www.keepshooting.com/swiss-army-coveralls.html

Excellent quality & workmanship, very comfortable, heavier than
average material, zippers on arm & leg cuffs. And a loop of webbing at
the back of the neck to faciltate extraction thru the hatch of your
burning tank turret. g

The sizing is undecipherable -- my coveralls say 50/82 and are a bit
large for me. I'm 5'-9" and 150 pounds. My best guess is that the 82
means an 82cm (32") inseam. I could probably wear one size smaller.

I purchased mine at a local surplus place for about $30.

The only downside for me is that I'm often wearing them working
outside in deer season and need to remember to put on an orange vest
at that time.

The best coveralls I ever owned were bought at Sears about 50 years
ago - and they had exactly the same ones on the rack abouit 30 years
ago. (back when sears was something - and had their own products)

Stalworth Groundforce from Marks look like a pretty decent deal up
hear in Canada for aboiut $50 (polycotton) (zipper) - or full cotton
twill Stalworths for about $73 (button)

Big question is...what brand are the uniform rental companies buying?
I cant believe that they would buy coveralls that they had to
constantly replace on their own dime.

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---