DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Raglan 5" Lathe, gearcutting data for changewheels (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/598531-raglan-5-lathe-gearcutting-data-changewheels.html)

[email protected] October 19th 17 11:14 PM

Raglan 5" Lathe, gearcutting data for changewheels

Hi,
Does anyone have gearcutting data for the changewheel gears on this lathe. Specifically the Tufnol tumbler gears 26 tooth; 2.00" dia, but what pressure angle and form is it a British or American standard. The involute cutter that I have is 14.5 pressure angle but this when offered up to the pinion there is a light gap at the flanks at the root?

Thanks for reading this post
John

Jim Wilkins[_2_] October 20th 17 12:03 PM

================
http://www.lathes.co.uk/raglan/

Paul K. Dickman October 20th 17 02:28 PM

wrote in message
Hi,
Does anyone have gearcutting data for the changewheel gears on this lathe.
Specifically the Tufnol tumbler gears 26 tooth; 2.00" dia, but what pressure
angle and form is it a British or American standard. The involute cutter
that I have is 14.5 pressure angle but this when offered up to the pinion
there is a light gap at the flanks at the root?

Thanks for reading this post
John

I have no specific knowledge of this lathe, but they are more than likely
14.5 deg.
Understand that standard gear cutters cut a range of teeth and really only
fit the middle of the range perfectly.
In any event, the change gears on a lathe are really more about dividing,
than power transmission and you can get away with a pretty lousy fit if the
tooth count is right..

Paul K. Dickman

John February 6th 18 03:18 PM

Raglan 5" Lathe, gearcutting data for changewheels

replying to robins.nyewood2, John wrote:
14 D.P. 14.5 P.A.

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...ls-642040-.htm