Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where to repair a cast iron casting (transmission)

On 8/17/2017 6:09 PM, Ignoramus8462 wrote:
I bought a used industrial machine (a huge pipe threader).

It is a super nice machine in all respects and was rebuilt in 2007.

However, the reason why it was sold for nothing is that the cast iron
transmission case in it is cracked due to a past accident.

The picture, with the crack highlighted, is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/trans.jpg

Did you try to fix it?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:41:33 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

On 8/17/2017 6:09 PM, Ignoramus8462 wrote:
I bought a used industrial machine (a huge pipe threader).

It is a super nice machine in all respects and was rebuilt in 2007.

However, the reason why it was sold for nothing is that the cast iron
transmission case in it is cracked due to a past accident.

The picture, with the crack highlighted, is he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/trans.jpg

Did you try to fix it?

Ooh, _quite_ the nasty break.

-
I am a Transfinancial--A rich person born in a poor person's body.
Please stop the hate by sending me money to resolve my money
identity disorder. --anon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, August 27, 2017 at 12:20:05 AM UTC-4, Ignoramus13739 wrote:

Thanks... Let me underscore that it is a RARE EVENT and usually I do
not have this type of lucky stuff everyday, or anything close.

But you DO have a well-earned reputation around here for having mastered the "art of the deal."