Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Illiberal (ANTI-liberal) proggies

On Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 9:53:24 AM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:
I found a great quote in Reddit that captures the biggest part of why
proggies are not liberal:

"The lens of demographic collectivism is what separates progressives
from liberals."

Perfect. Proggies see only group identity; that's all that matters. In
fact, they're obsessed with it. Blacks, queers, trannies, "womyn",
cripples - you are defined, entirely, by your group in the proggie world
view. Social status and political and legal rights are to be accorded
to groups.

Liberals see the individual. Group identity is meaningless. Individual
persons - only - have rights. In fact, the very term "individual
rights" is taken by proggies as code for some kind of dirty "ism".

Proggies are not liberal. They are regressively illiberal.

I *think* I understand what you're saying, and though I have never heard the word "proggie" anywhere but here, I *think* I understand who you're talking about.

BUT, it's not an either/or situation. Of COURSE it's all about individual rights, but if those rights are being denied because of an individual's membership in a group, then group identity is far from meaningless.