DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   1-14 thread (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/392889-1-14-thread.html)

Michael A. Terrell April 3rd 16 09:14 AM

1-14 thread

I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread. 3/4"
electrical fittings are similar, but they are .050" over 1". I need to
thread something to fit. Can you thread the O.D. of 3/4" PVC pipe, or
will the threads be too rough when you finish? I don't want to pay $11
for a piece of PVC with the thread that is made to mount one on a light
bar.

Mount:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281906635962

Antenna:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111734469938

I may have some 3/4" aluminum conduit left, but I don't have a 1-14
die.

Karl Townsend[_7_] April 3rd 16 01:02 PM

1-14 thread

Does it need to be made of PVC, that sounds dicey to me.

Acetal is a great material if you need easy machining and no
conductivity.

Ian Malcolm[_2_] April 3rd 16 01:48 PM

1-14 thread

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread. 3/4"
electrical fittings are similar, but they are .050" over 1". I need to
thread something to fit. Can you thread the O.D. of 3/4" PVC pipe, or
will the threads be too rough when you finish? I don't want to pay $11
for a piece of PVC with the thread that is made to mount one on a light
bar.

Mount:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281906635962

Antenna:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111734469938

I may have some 3/4" aluminum conduit left, but I don't have a 1-14
die.

Find a tube its a slip-fit over. Shim with tape if its wobbly. Drill
near the bottom edge of its threaded socket for a self-tapping retaining
screw.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 3rd 16 02:05 PM

1-14 thread

On Sun, 03 Apr 2016 04:14:49 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread. 3/4"
electrical fittings are similar, but they are .050" over 1". I need to
thread something to fit. Can you thread the O.D. of 3/4" PVC pipe, or
will the threads be too rough when you finish? I don't want to pay $11
for a piece of PVC with the thread that is made to mount one on a light
bar.

Mount:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281906635962

Antenna:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111734469938

I may have some 3/4" aluminum conduit left, but I don't have a 1-14
die.

1", threaded 14 threads per inch. It will need to be a piece of
anything that is nominally 1" in diameter....3/4" in diameter will be
too small and wont even catch or touch the threads. Id wack you out
several pieces but my gear box in my lathe is waiting on 2 mitre
gears. Id STRONGLY suggest using Sched 80 grey pipe rather than the
often found Sched 40 thin white pipe. Ive mounted (2) similiar GPS
antennas on a couple of my boats..using the grey PVC with no
issues...and nothing has broken yet. I should mention that getting
that antenna as far to the stern as possible is almost manditory,
given the number of lines(ropes) that dangle, flap and grab.

Gunner

[email protected] April 3rd 16 04:54 PM

1-14 thread

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 9:08:59 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:

1", threaded 14 threads per inch. It will need to be a piece of
anything that is nominally 1" in diameter....3/4" in diameter will be
too small and wont even catch or touch the threads.

He was referring to 3/4 inch pipe which is 1.050 diameter. So good there.

But I would worry about using schedule 40.

Dan

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] April 3rd 16 05:02 PM

1-14 thread

" fired this volley in
:

He was referring to 3/4 inch pipe which is 1.050 diameter. So good
there.

But I would worry about using schedule 40.

Yeah, me too. The 'nominal' i.d. of Sch-40 is very close to 3/4" but it
typically will go all the way up to about 0.80". The minor diameter of a
1x14tpi is 0.8978"... giving you only about 0.049" wall thickness
remaining -- AND substantially weakened, if you use a v-form die or lathe
tool.

Yep... he needs Sch-80 in this case, at a minimum.

Michael A. Terrell April 3rd 16 05:49 PM

1-14 thread

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

" fired this volley in
:

He was referring to 3/4 inch pipe which is 1.050 diameter. So good
there.

But I would worry about using schedule 40.

Yeah, me too. The 'nominal' i.d. of Sch-40 is very close to 3/4" but it
typically will go all the way up to about 0.80". The minor diameter of a
1x14tpi is 0.8978"... giving you only about 0.049" wall thickness
remaining -- AND substantially weakened, if you use a v-form die or lathe
tool.

Yep... he needs Sch-80 in this case, at a minimum.

How about running a 1-14 die over the threads of a 3/4" conduit
fitting to remove .050"? A PVC fitting will thread about one turn into
the base of the antenna. That, or one of the short black plastic nipples
used for irrigation systems? Retread one end, and leave the other alone?

I plan on using a piece of 2" iron pipe, and a reducer at the top to
hold it. This antenna is for my homebrew 10 MHz frequency standard. I
am trying to put my electronics shop back together during the rare
moments that I feel well enough to work.

[email protected] April 3rd 16 07:29 PM

1-14 thread

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 12:50:01 PM UTC-4, Michael Terrell wrote:

How about running a 1-14 die over the threads of a 3/4" conduit
fitting to remove .050"? A PVC fitting will thread about one turn into
the base of the antenna. That, or one of the short black plastic nipples
used for irrigation systems? Retread one end, and leave the other alone?

I plan on using a piece of 2" iron pipe, and a reducer at the top to
hold it. This antenna is for my homebrew 10 MHz frequency standard. I
am trying to put my electronics shop back together during the rare
moments that I feel well enough to work.

I think that would work well. And am not so concerned about using some schedule 40 pipe if it is for your frequency standard. That is if failure is annoying and a PITA , but not life threatening.

Dan

Michael A. Terrell April 3rd 16 07:38 PM

1-14 thread

" wrote:

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 12:50:01 PM UTC-4, Michael Terrell wrote:

How about running a 1-14 die over the threads of a 3/4" conduit
fitting to remove .050"? A PVC fitting will thread about one turn into
the base of the antenna. That, or one of the short black plastic nipples
used for irrigation systems? Retread one end, and leave the other alone?

I plan on using a piece of 2" iron pipe, and a reducer at the top to
hold it. This antenna is for my homebrew 10 MHz frequency standard. I
am trying to put my electronics shop back together during the rare
moments that I feel well enough to work.

I think that would work well. And am not so concerned about using some schedule 40 pipe if it is for your frequency standard. That is if failure is annoying and a PITA , but not life threatening.

I was planning to thread the two pieces together so that none of the
thread will be exposed. It will only have to clear the roof by about
six inches, and the biggest chance of damage will be a really fat bird
landing on it. ;-)

Schedule 80 is what I use for almost everything, when it has to be
nonmetallic.

whit3rd April 3rd 16 08:55 PM

1-14 thread

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 1:15:08 AM UTC-7, Michael Terrell wrote:
I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread. 3/4"
electrical fittings are similar, but they are .050" over 1". I need to
thread something to fit. Can you thread the O.D. of 3/4" PVC pipe

If this is 3/4" NPT thread (14 tpi, nominal OD 1.05"), just use a PVC threaded
nipple; most hardware stores can supply that. The thread is tapered,
the leading parts of the thread will fit in fine, it'll get tight deeper...

Threaded nipples are NPT, tapered; the electrical fittings that don't fit, are NPS, straight.

Michael A. Terrell April 3rd 16 09:33 PM

1-14 thread

whit3rd wrote:

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 1:15:08 AM UTC-7, Michael Terrell wrote:
I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread. 3/4"
electrical fittings are similar, but they are .050" over 1". I need to
thread something to fit. Can you thread the O.D. of 3/4" PVC pipe

If this is 3/4" NPT thread (14 tpi, nominal OD 1.05"), just use a PVC threaded
nipple; most hardware stores can supply that. The thread is tapered,
the leading parts of the thread will fit in fine, it'll get tight deeper...

Threaded nipples are NPT, tapered; the electrical fittings that don't fit, are NPS, straight.

The thread inside the antenna is straight, and a pipe taper will only
go in about one turn before I would need to use wrenches on it. The pipe
thread starts .050" larger that the internal thread on the antenna. It
is the same 1.050" start of the taper on both water and electrical 3/4"
fittings, or I would have already put it up. :(

Larry Jaques[_4_] April 3rd 16 10:06 PM

1-14 thread

wrote:

I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread. 3/4"
electrical fittings are similar, but they are .050" over 1". I need to
thread something to fit. Can you thread the O.D. of 3/4" PVC pipe, or
will the threads be too rough when you finish? I don't want to pay $11
for a piece of PVC with the thread that is made to mount one on a light
bar.

Mount:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281906635962

Antenna:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111734469938

I may have some 3/4" aluminum conduit left, but I don't have a 1-14
die.

Invest $14 in a die on eBay, make 20 of the things, sell them for $9
each on eBay, and you'll come out ahead AND have the die for the
future? http://tinyurl.com/haso2dv

--
Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little,
to cure diseases of which they know less,

whit3rd April 3rd 16 10:07 PM

1-14 thread

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 1:34:01 PM UTC-7, Michael Terrell wrote:
whit3rd wrote:

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 1:15:08 AM UTC-7, Michael Terrell wrote:
I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread.

Threaded nipples are NPT, tapered; the electrical fittings that don't fit, are NPS, straight.

The thread inside the antenna is straight, and a pipe taper will only
go in about one turn before I would need to use wrenches on it. The pipe
thread starts .050" larger that the internal thread on the antenna.

Do you have a pipe tap? I'd open the female threads up, myself.
Also, I've seen malformed threads (crest too pointy) that come on plastic
threaded items, and have fixed a lot of '"it's too tight" issues by whittling
the crests down. Steel doesn't flow like plastic, so the made-for-steel
taps and dies don't create those pointy crests except on PVC.

Good Soldier Schweik[_2_] April 4th 16 12:10 AM

1-14 thread

wrote:

[...]

And the vaunted Gunner comes pirouetting out onto the stage to
entertain us yet again.

We are told that 3/4 pipe has an 3/4" O.D. and it takes metric gears
to thread 14 TPI.

Will he ever stop amazing us with his wisdom?
--

Cheers,

Schweik

Jim Wilkins[_2_] April 4th 16 12:15 AM

1-14 thread

wrote:
[...]

Are we to assume you don't have access to the obvious solution, a
lathe?

--jsw

Michael A. Terrell April 4th 16 01:11 AM

1-14 thread

wrote:
[...]

No, I don't. I have been trying to pick it up for several years. At
first, he didn't have 'the time' to dig it out of storage, and now that
he has dug it out I don't have his new home address or a telephone
number. If I did, I would have already tried to make one or maybe a
dozen, while it was set up. All I get are vague directions like, "He
lives down there on the left, on the four lane..."

It is an old Atlas lathe that also needs a few gears, but there are a
lot of different gears for that series, on Ebay.

Michael A. Terrell April 4th 16 01:26 AM

1-14 thread

whit3rd wrote:

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 1:15:08 AM UTC-7, Michael Terrell wrote:
I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread.

Threaded nipples are NPT, tapered; the electrical fittings that don't fit, are NPS, straight.

The thread inside the antenna is straight, and a pipe taper will only
go in about one turn before I would need to use wrenches on it. The pipe
thread starts .050" larger that the internal thread on the antenna.

Do you have a pipe tap? I'd open the female threads up, myself.
Also, I've seen malformed threads (crest too pointy) that come on plastic
threaded items, and have fixed a lot of '"it's too tight" issues by whittling
the crests down. Steel doesn't flow like plastic, so the made-for-steel
taps and dies don't create those pointy crests except on PVC.

I would rather have a properly threaded mount, than a modified
antenna, in case it needs to be replaced in a hurry. This is a standard
Marine GPS antenna but the boat mounts are overpriced and don't lend
themselves to this application. There is one more problem: The molded
threads bottom out right against the coax. By the time a pipe tap was
deep enough, the coax would have been chewed off. The housing is
completely glued shut, and there is no way to replace it. I have another
type of GPS antenna with a built in down converter. (Meinberg, output is
at 35.4 MHz) but it only works with a PCI card (Meinberg GPS170PCI) that
goes into a computer. You can have up to 700 meters of RG-58 between the
antenna and the PCI card.

The system that I put together will run off of about 2A @ 12V DC. It
is built from components from old Cell tower sites, and they were
removed during upgrades. It provided both frequency and time signals for
the site.

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 4th 16 01:31 AM

1-14 thread

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 08:54:04 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 9:08:59 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:

1", threaded 14 threads per inch. It will need to be a piece of
anything that is nominally 1" in diameter....3/4" in diameter will be
too small and wont even catch or touch the threads.

He was referring to 3/4 inch pipe which is 1.050 diameter. So good there.

But I would worry about using schedule 40.

Dan

Thats a tapered thread..but its being called for a straight thread.
The wedge effect will bust the hell out of the base of the GPS.
And you are absolutely correct..the pipe IS 1". Brainfart on my
part..something folks see all too often. I was thinking 1/2". Mea
culpa.

Would you say that Sched 80 would be good enough?
Ive used it and it seems to work fine.

Gunner

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 4th 16 01:43 AM

1-14 thread

wrote:

[...]

Metric gears? And again we see the bozo showing everyone his ass, as
he desperately tries to put me...hummm...down? Minimize me? Run me off
so I hide in shame never to log on here again?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Your kidding..right?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will he ever stop amazing us with his wisdom?

Will you ever stop trying to amaze the group with your loving helpful
nature?
SNICKER!!!!!!!!!

Gunner

whit3rd April 4th 16 02:06 AM

1-14 thread

whit3rd wrote:

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 1:15:08 AM UTC-7, Michael Terrell wrote:
I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread.

Threaded nipples are NPT, tapered; the electrical fittings that don't fit, are NPS, straight.

The thread inside the antenna is straight, and a pipe taper will only
go in about one turn

Do you have a pipe tap? I'd open the female threads up, myself.

I would rather have a properly threaded mount, than a modified
antenna, in case it needs to be replaced in a hurry. This is a standard
Marine GPS antenna but the boat mounts are overpriced

Well, I have threading dies for 3/4 pipe, would be willing to bet (1) a hardware-store
nipple in PVC has enough bulk to hold, (2) chasing the threads on the hardware-store
item would reduce it enough to fit. You DID get a few threads to engage.

Alas, if you need true 1-14 straight threads, the best I can suggest is an allthread rod
in stainless (McMaster has 'em, but not at a friendly price). That's gonna mean,
though, that you have to make a tube out of it before your cable fits.
It's not clear that the 'pipe nipple' PVC item has the right clearance for
a (?BNC) coax connector, either.

1-14 die at MSdiscount.com runs a little under $18 (USD). Trying to use it
on PVC is gonna be sticky: soapy water might help.

Paul Drahn April 4th 16 02:36 AM

1-14 thread

I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread. 3/4"
electrical fittings are similar, but they are .050" over 1". I need to
thread something to fit. Can you thread the O.D. of 3/4" PVC pipe, or
will the threads be too rough when you finish? I don't want to pay $11
for a piece of PVC with the thread that is made to mount one on a light
bar.

Mount:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281906635962

Antenna:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111734469938

I may have some 3/4" aluminum conduit left, but I don't have a 1-14
die.

That mounting thread is standard marine thread for antennas and has been
for decades. I have an old vertical antenna from the 1960's that I
thought was for the old 2 MHz marine band. Antenna analyzer shows it's a
CB antenna.

You should be able to find what you want at any marine electronics shop.

Paul

Michael A. Terrell April 4th 16 03:46 AM

1-14 thread

Paul Drahn wrote:

[...]

I haven't found a mount to do what I want it to. There aren't many
marine electronics dealers this far inland, and what I've seen online
just won't work. The last one I found was a small shop in the Florida
panhandle, around 1990 when I was building a TV station in Destin. :)

Larry Jaques[_4_] April 4th 16 05:23 AM

1-14 thread

wrote:
[...]

Right past the old blue barn that used to be there.

Michael A. Terrell April 4th 16 11:20 AM

1-14 thread

wrote:
[...]

No, they like to use names of businesses that closed more than 25
years ago, or the original street names in use before the county decided
to number almost every street. It's just as bad. :(

Good Soldier Schweik[_2_] April 4th 16 12:25 PM

1-14 thread

wrote:

[...]

Tries to put you down? Goodness gracious no., Just trying to shine a
little light on the problem.

But how in the world could anyone put you down further then you are
already. You can't pay the taxes on your shanty, you used to have
$10,000 in the bank, but not now, you would have died except for what
might be called "socialized medicine".

Wake up man. You are the bottom of the pile.

Your kidding..right?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael A. Terrell April 4th 16 02:52 PM

1-14 thread

whit3rd wrote:

[...]

Did you look at the link I posted for the marine GPS antenna? The
coax exits the side of he base, right above the threads. I would have
preferred it to go straight out the treaded hole, but Marine antennas
don't mount that way :(

Larry Jaques[_4_] April 4th 16 03:41 PM

1-14 thread

wrote:
[...]

Yeah, same/same. sigh It sucks to be offered a tool you need and
not to be able to pick it up. BTDT.

Larry Jaques[_4_] April 4th 16 05:25 PM

1-14 thread

wrote:
[...]

Want to get outside more, chopping wood for the winter, Mikey?
(Does Flowda even _do_ winter?)

Well, now you can, and it won't hurt at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Viwwetf0gU
Just watch out for the nasty pink balloons.
They're _lethal_!

Paul Drahn April 4th 16 06:11 PM

1-14 thread

Paul Drahn wrote:

[...]

Well, let me see if the piece I made from aluminum is still on the
bottom of the antenna. I think the antenna is leaning against the garage
wall along with a bunch of other antenna parts. I will have to took this
evening.

Paul, KD7HB

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 4th 16 08:11 PM

1-14 thread

wrote:

[...]

What problem would that be? That you have nothing better to do since
you "retired"? Snicker....

But how in the world could anyone put you down further then you are
already. You can't pay the taxes on your shanty, you used to have
$10,000 in the bank, but not now, you would have died except for what
might be called "socialized medicine".

If thats the case, then obviously you take great delight in kicking a
dying dog. Right?

Wake up man. You are the bottom of the pile.

Your opinion is noted, examined critically in a bright light, found
fatally flawed and discarded straight away into the dumpster.
Anything else you wish to offer up?

Your kidding..right?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will he ever stop amazing us with his wisdom?

Will you ever stop trying to amaze the group with your loving helpful
nature?
SNICKER!!!!!!!!!

Gunner

Go down to the ASPCA and see if they will let you kick some old dogs,
so you can bust your nut. Or have you already tried that and they beat
you like a drum?

Gunner

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 4th 16 08:12 PM

1-14 thread

whit3rd wrote:

[...]

Some do, most dont. Ive got mounts on the boats where the coax comes
out of the side of the tube below the threads, others they come out
inside the hull below the base..

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 4th 16 08:15 PM

1-14 thread

wrote:
[...]

Guy offered me a combination sheet metal roller, brake, shear, in
late 2008. Id done him a favor evidently and he offered it up as it
was simply taking space in his shop. That much I remember..after the
stroke. As to who it was, where his shop was (Anaheim, off La
Palma..somewhere)...not a clue. Sigh

Gunner

[email protected] April 4th 16 09:31 PM

1-14 thread

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 4:15:08 AM UTC-4, Michael Terrell wrote:
I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread. 3/4"
electrical fittings are similar, but they are .050" over 1". I need to
thread something to fit. Can you thread the O.D. of 3/4" PVC pipe, or
will the threads be too rough when you finish? I don't want to pay $11
for a piece of PVC with the thread that is made to mount one on a light
bar.

Mount:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281906635962

Antenna:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111734469938

I may have some 3/4" aluminum conduit left, but I don't have a 1-14
die.

Bass distrib, has it for $7.35
http://marine.bassdistributing.com/s...r-similar-LTBU
I'd just throw a little money at the problem.

George H.

Good Soldier Schweik[_2_] April 5th 16 01:53 AM

1-14 thread

wrote:

[...]

You are a strange fellow. I tell the truth and you tell lies. One can
only speculate why?

You might try listen to the song, by James Brown, amongst others,
"Don't Tell a Lie About Me and I Won't Tell the Truth on You".

Goodness, Gunner you are famous. Had a song written about you.
--

Cheers,

Schweik

DoN. Nichols[_2_] April 5th 16 03:24 AM

1-14 thread

On 2016-04-03, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I need to mount a GPS antenna. It has a 1-14 internal thread. 3/4"
electrical fittings are similar, but they are .050" over 1". I need to
thread something to fit. Can you thread the O.D. of 3/4" PVC pipe, or
will the threads be too rough when you finish?

With a lathe, you should be able to do so nicely on a lathe,
using a sharp enough tool. (What is the actual OD of a 3/4" PVC pipe?
I don't have any handy to measure.) If the OD is larger, first turn it
down to 1.000" prior to threading. It looks like the tap drill for a
1"-14 is 15/16" so hopefully a 3/4" PVC pipe would have enough meat.
Otherwise, I would turn what was needed from solid Delrin.

Are you planning to mount it on the top of a sailboat mast, as
suggested by the second ebay item?

I'm not sure how a die would work on PVC, however. The
commercial threaded PVC fittings are moulded, not turned or otherwise
machined.

I don't want to pay $11
for a piece of PVC with the thread that is made to mount one on a light
bar.

[ ... ]

I may have some 3/4" aluminum conduit left, but I don't have a 1-14
die.

Again -- what is the actual OD of the aluminum conduit? It
should be fairly easy to thread on a lathe.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

DoN. Nichols[_2_] April 5th 16 03:35 AM

1-14 thread

wrote:

On Sun, 03 Apr 2016 04:14:49 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

[ ... ]

Id wack you out
several pieces but my gear box in my lathe is waiting on 2 mitre
gears.

[ ... ]

Gunner

And the vaunted Gunner comes pirouetting out onto the stage to
entertain us yet again.

We are told that 3/4 pipe has an 3/4" O.D.

He admitted in a later post to having confused it with 1/2" PVC
pipe
and it takes metric gears
to thread 14 TPI.

He did not say "metric", he said "mitre gears" -- ones which
have a beveled surface into which the teeth are cut to allow power to be
taken off at an angle to the input shaft. (typically 90 degrees, but
others are possible)

Will he ever stop amazing us with his wisdom?

And your reading ability?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 5th 16 03:37 AM

1-14 thread

You are a really ****ed up fellow. Telling lies ...you call it the
truth. I know why you do it. You are really ****ed in the head.

You might try listen to the song, by James Brown, amongst others,
"Don't Tell a Lie About Me and I Won't Tell the Truth on You".

Goodness, Gunner you are famous. Had a song written about you.
--

Really? Which one?

Gunner

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 5th 16 04:51 AM

1-14 thread

wrote:
It sucks to be offered a tool you need and
not to be able to pick it up. BTDT.

Guy offered me a combination sheet metal roller, brake, shear, in
late 2008. Id done him a favor evidently and he offered it up as it
was simply taking space in his shop. That much I remember..after the
stroke. As to who it was, where his shop was (Anaheim, off La
Palma..somewhere)...not a clue. Sigh

sux2bu

Somedays...it most certainly does. Shrug

Gunner

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 5th 16 06:00 AM

1-14 thread

On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 22:00:43 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

wrote:
It sucks to be offered a tool you need and
not to be able to pick it up. BTDT.

Guy offered me a combination sheet metal roller, brake, shear, in
late 2008. Id done him a favor evidently and he offered it up as it
was simply taking space in his shop. That much I remember..after the
stroke. As to who it was, where his shop was (Anaheim, off La
Palma..somewhere)...not a clue. Sigh

sux2bu

Somedays...it most certainly does. Shrug

Well, don't worry. Remember that silver linings always have clouds.
Or something like that.

The wife asked me today about how old I was going to be before I could
retire. I told her..."ask me in 40 yrs"