Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lamp Repair using a Rigger's Constricting Knot

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 6:28:11 AM UTC-8, Joe Gwinn wrote:
Yesterday, I noticed that the lamp hanging over the kitchen sink was no
longer hanging by the woven polyester cable sheath (which is intended
to carry the weight of the lamp fixture) and was now hanging by the
electrical wires. Which were coming undone -

So, I replaced the metal ferrule with a double constrictor knot made of
nylon cord, all well daubed with Pliobond rubber cement.

Sounds good, and it's likely the rubber cement won't attack the
materials. I'd have used hotmelt glue, and instead of a knot, just
a wrap or two of a nylon tie-wrap. Anything you can get tight, that
stays tight, should work at least as well as the original did.

Touch Lamp Repair don Home Repair 24 March 2nd 18 06:14 AM
Lamp Repair using a Rigger's Constricting Knot Joseph Gwinn Metalworking 10 December 10th 15 04:06 PM
Japanese Knot Repair bit Jay Pique Woodworking 1 November 23rd 07 04:16 PM
Laptop LCD lamp repair... Inverter or lamp? [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 5th 07 06:08 PM
lamp repair alexbartman UK diy 3 February 4th 05 05:36 PM