Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aldi score

For those lucky enough to have access to an Aldi store,
they currently have a nice rechargable LED work light
for about $40 (here in AU anyway).
We just bought a couple industrial rechargeable LED worklights
at work, at about $250. While this is smaller, the construction
of the housing appears very similar, well built. Switch isn't sealed,
but is on the bottom of the case, less likely to allow water in if
used outside. Charging port has a sealing plug. Base is basic with
3 miniscule tacks and one large bird-**** weld. Going to get some
magnets off ebay and make a 3 point base like the ones at work.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 13-Sep-15 4:45 AM, Jon Anderson wrote:
For those lucky enough to have access to an Aldi store,
they currently have a nice rechargable LED work light
for about $40 (here in AU anyway).
We just bought a couple industrial rechargeable LED worklights
at work, at about $250. While this is smaller, the construction
of the housing appears very similar, well built. Switch isn't sealed,
but is on the bottom of the case, less likely to allow water in if
used outside. Charging port has a sealing plug. Base is basic with
3 miniscule tacks and one large bird-**** weld. Going to get some
magnets off ebay and make a 3 point base like the ones at work.

Jon

This one?

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-sat-12-sep/saturday-detail-wk37/ps/p/10w-portable-led-floodlight/

I'm on the west coast, I believe Aldi are opening a bunch of stores over
here next year.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/13/2015 4:57 PM, Deez Nuts wrote:

This one?

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-sat-12-sep/saturday-detail-wk37/ps/p/10w-portable-led-floodlight/

I'm on the west coast, I believe Aldi are opening a bunch of stores over
here next year.

Hmm, they've already rolled over into the next sale flyers, but that's
the one, I'm sure. I heard they were coming to the west coast. They
have some good deals now and then. Have bought a fair number of tools
for work at great prices. Couple weeks ago got some real nice pry bars,
similar to die bars, $8 each!

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 05:43:42 +1000, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 9/13/2015 4:57 PM, Deez Nuts wrote:

This one?

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-sat-12-sep/saturday-detail-wk37/ps/p/10w-portable-led-floodlight/

I'm on the west coast, I believe Aldi are opening a bunch of stores over
here next year.

Hmm, they've already rolled over into the next sale flyers, but that's
the one, I'm sure. I heard they were coming to the west coast. They
have some good deals now and then. Have bought a fair number of tools
for work at great prices. Couple weeks ago got some real nice pry bars,
similar to die bars, $8 each!

Jon

Lots of dive bars down there? Was when I was there in 71/72/73

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/15/2015 5:50 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Lots of dive bars down there? Was when I was there in 71/72/73

No bars in Australia, but plenty of pubs... and
some are no doubt dives.G Probably more so in
big cites. But I've got too much on for pub crawls...

Jon

Score! HeyBub[_3_] Woodworking 3 August 27th 09 03:07 PM
score! Nate Nagel Home Repair 0 February 3rd 08 03:24 PM
score Chris Metalworking 1 December 24th 07 05:26 PM
VFD Score Donnie Barnes Metalworking 15 December 11th 05 07:01 AM
Score! Dave Balderstone Woodturning 1 April 6th 04 03:51 AM