Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Auto CAD vs Vector works?

On Monday, February 5, 2001 at 3:50:21 PM UTC-6, Jack Fisher wrote:
I just got my demo copies of Auto CAD and Vector works. I know this is
going to open a big can of worms but I was wondering if any of the
members of this group have experience using both and would care to make
a recommendation

There is a very big price difference between the two and, while I'm a
Mac guy I would not have much of a problem using a PC if Auto CAD turned
out the be the proper program to use.

My use would be mainly for mechanical design drawing, for some projects
I'm beginning. I know that I will have to decide which program to use
for myself, and having the demos to play with really helps, I'm just
hoping that I could get some real life experience from some people here.

TAI

--
Jack Fisher‰

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

I use both. Vectorworks really shines when you are working with stage lighting. It is often used for Architecture as well but in ghe world of mechanical drawing, it is really not any better than Autocad. If you work in the entertainment industry, it has a lot of features that just cannot be replicated with Autocad.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 21:44:26 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

[...]

================
While you are evaluating, take a look at Intellicad [several
implementations from different vendors available -- I use
CMS]
http://intellicadms.com/site/
Runs all the AutoCAD LISP add-in, and the few VBA add-ins I
have tried. Also generates/saves 3d .stl files for 3d
printing.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"