Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default Got my latest restoration on the water....

On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 7:56:40 AM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/Windrose18#

Now for the next one.....

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...2602/Venture24

And the one after that....

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...wportVenture_1

Gunner

Nice job! I have the sailing bug again. Maybe I'll see if I can trade my old PWC for one
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 16:43:36 -0700 (PDT), Rex
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 7:56:40 AM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/Windrose18#

Now for the next one.....

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...2602/Venture24

And the one after that....

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...wportVenture_1

Gunner

Nice job! I have the sailing bug again. Maybe I'll see if I can trade my old PWC for one

Sign up on the Freesailboats group and watch it regularly. Its free of
course, we just require signing up to keep the spammers out.

Where are you at Rex?

I should mention..that if you run this program 2x a week, Wed night
and Saturday night..with a "5 day" history...you will find a ****load
of boats

www.searchtempest.com

It simply searches Craigslist within X miles of your zip code. Its
the program I use to post boats. I posted over 1900 boats in 13
months using it.

Keep in mind..that Craigslist ads are generally up for about 10 days.
They can be renewed...but if you see something you really
want..IMMEDIATELy contact the seller or donor. Dont wait for a week.
Its sailing season and boats can go quickly. Winter time...not so
much..but in the middle of summer...fast.

Decide what kind of boat you want..daysailer, mini-cruiser, lake
cruiser, blue water boat etc etc..and start searching the ads.

Most..most boats older than the 1990s will show some wear..faded paint
or gelcoat..etc etc..but they are cheap and easy to fix up and paint.
Just make sure you get a complete boat...rudder, tiller, 2 (or more)
usable sails..a trailer if its a trailer sailer and longer than 12'
etc etc. Saves you money and time. If its in good physical
condition..but "blah"..that can be fixed up as time/money permits.

Need any help finding boats..let me know.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Oh..use the search term "Sail*" without the quotes. You will find the
odd pickup truck for sail..and other similar stuff..but its easy to
brush aside.

Here is my online photos..every boat album..and I have all those boats
except for one..which I traded to a nice old guy for a near new
Craftsman tree shredder and a nice 870 shotgun with the choke tubes. I
had $130 in the boat.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602

Gunner