DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I am trying to replace my blown H60 Tecumseh 6 hp engine with an H70 7 hp engine (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/377890-i-am-trying-replace-my-blown-h60-tecumseh-6-hp-engine-h70-7-hp-engine.html)

Mieguy April 17th 15 04:18 AM

I am trying to replace my blown H60 Tecumseh 6 hp engine with an H70 7 hp engine

On a group Bilt horse tiller but the H70 has a 1 inch diameter shafts and
the *H60 has a 3/4 in shafts and the original drive pulley won't fit
anyone ever tried doing this?

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...it-613179-.htm

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 17th 15 08:03 AM

I am trying to replace my blown H60 Tecumseh 6 hp engine with an H70 7 hp engine

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 03:18:01 +0000, Mieguy
wrote:

On a group Bilt horse tiller but the H70 has a 1 inch diameter shafts and
the *H60 has a 3/4 in shafts and the original drive pulley won't fit
anyone ever tried doing this?

Why not simply bore the drive pulley? Its only 1/4" difference or
1/8" on a side. Not enough meat in the pulley hub?

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke

Larry Jaques[_4_] April 17th 15 02:31 PM

wrote:

On a group Bilt horse tiller but the H70 has a 1 inch diameter shafts and
the *H60 has a 3/4 in shafts and the original drive pulley won't fit
anyone ever tried doing this?

Have you searched local small engine repair shops for a 1" pulley the
same OD? If they don't have one, they can probably order one for you.
Also try places like Tractor Supply, Grainger, McMasters.

http://www.equipatron.com/catalogsea...0+drive+pulley

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen

Larry Jaques[_4_] April 17th 15 02:33 PM

I am trying to replace my blown H60 Tecumseh 6 hp engine with an H70 7 hp engine

m wrote:

On a group Bilt horse tiller but the H70 has a 1 inch diameter shafts and
the *H60 has a 3/4 in shafts and the original drive pulley won't fit
anyone ever tried doing this?

Why not simply bore the drive pulley? Its only 1/4" difference or
1/8" on a side. Not enough meat in the pulley hub?

Yeah, and his polytech probably has a shaper. Groovy!