Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I am trying to replace my blown H60 Tecumseh 6 hp engine with an H70 7 hp engine

On a group Bilt horse tiller but the H70 has a 1 inch diameter shafts and
the *H60 has a 3/4 in shafts and the original drive pulley won't fit
anyone ever tried doing this?

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...it-613179-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 03:18:01 +0000, Mieguy
wrote:

On a group Bilt horse tiller but the H70 has a 1 inch diameter shafts and
the *H60 has a 3/4 in shafts and the original drive pulley won't fit
anyone ever tried doing this?

Why not simply bore the drive pulley? Its only 1/4" difference or
1/8" on a side. Not enough meat in the pulley hub?

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On a group Bilt horse tiller but the H70 has a 1 inch diameter shafts and
the *H60 has a 3/4 in shafts and the original drive pulley won't fit
anyone ever tried doing this?

Have you searched local small engine repair shops for a 1" pulley the
same OD? If they don't have one, they can probably order one for you.
Also try places like Tractor Supply, Grainger, McMasters.

http://www.equipatron.com/catalogsea...0+drive+pulley

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

m wrote:

On a group Bilt horse tiller but the H70 has a 1 inch diameter shafts and
the *H60 has a 3/4 in shafts and the original drive pulley won't fit
anyone ever tried doing this?

Why not simply bore the drive pulley? Its only 1/4" difference or
1/8" on a side. Not enough meat in the pulley hub?

Yeah, and his polytech probably has a shaper. Groovy!

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen

Tecumseh 6hp Engine Won't Slow frank1492 Home Repair 6 June 9th 09 06:56 PM
Tecumseh engine repair John Martin Metalworking 8 May 14th 09 09:28 PM
Looking for help, Tecumseh 4.5 HP engine carb The Tagge's Metalworking 5 January 20th 09 06:14 AM
Tecumseh LEV 80 Engine Ardamerr UK diy 5 February 13th 08 05:29 PM
Tecumseh engine problem Doug Home Repair 15 December 4th 04 02:57 AM