Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Amazing pictures of old dilapidated steam engines and refrigerationcompressors

I love big refrigeration equipment for obvious reasons; but this is
far beyond the usual drudgery. Stunning images of familiar, but
antique things. Really worth a look.

http://sometimes-interesting.com/201...packing-plant/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18076 fired this volley
in :

http://sometimes-interesting.com/201...ustrial-icon-a
rmour-meat-packing-plant/

Fascinating! Thanks, Ig!
Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wow.
Wonder why it wasn't scrapped out and sold for the metal.
Scrap steel was selling at 12cents a pound for a while. Not sure what
it is.
That would be a big job to take out.

Here in town, a large and old (tricky designs here and there) Paper Mill
that is slowly coming down and selling as scrap. Some of it stays, most
of it goes. Takes an intelligent scrapper to pay attention to what is
good and what is scrap.

Parts of it will be re-purposed into an industrial site.

Martin

On 4/8/2015 9:59 PM, Ignoramus18076 wrote:
I love big refrigeration equipment for obvious reasons; but this is
far beyond the usual drudgery. Stunning images of familiar, but
antique things. Really worth a look.

http://sometimes-interesting.com/201...packing-plant/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-04-11, Martin Eastburn wrote:
Wow.
Wonder why it wasn't scrapped out and sold for the metal.
Scrap steel was selling at 12cents a pound for a while. Not sure what
it is.
That would be a big job to take out.

Here in town, a large and old (tricky designs here and there) Paper Mill
that is slowly coming down and selling as scrap. Some of it stays, most
of it goes. Takes an intelligent scrapper to pay attention to what is
good and what is scrap.

Parts of it will be re-purposed into an industrial site.

I was not there, myself, but I was wondering about the same thing.