Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Big Wire Brush - What is it for?

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...3/104_1717.jpg

I picked this up since it was marked way down and I thought it might help me shine up brass threaded stud, which I need to do quite a bit. I'm just curious what the heck it might be intended for!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/16/2015 4:18 AM, robobass wrote:
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/...3/104_1717.jpg

I picked this up since it was marked way down and I thought it might
help me shine up brass threaded stud, which I need to do quite a bit.
I'm just curious what the heck it might be intended for!

Nothing special, just a big wire brush. I've seen 48" dia. Brushes like
these are used on brass parts and steel parts that can't be scratched.
Check wire with magnet to be sure it isn't brass plated steel.

What diameter and width is it? What did you pay?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Nothing special, just a big wire brush. I've seen 48" dia. Brushes like
these are used on brass parts and steel parts that can't be scratched.
Check wire with magnet to be sure it isn't brass plated steel.

What diameter and width is it? What did you pay?

25cm x 3.5cm. Definitely brass. ~$60. Overkill for my needs, but I was in a jam and it was the best I could find on short notice. It's cool though, right?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/16/2015 4:58 AM, robobass wrote:

Nothing special, just a big wire brush. I've seen 48" dia. Brushes like
these are used on brass parts and steel parts that can't be scratched.
Check wire with magnet to be sure it isn't brass plated steel.

What diameter and width is it? What did you pay?

25cm x 3.5cm. Definitely brass. ~$60. Overkill for my needs, but I was in a jam and it was the best I could find on short notice. It's cool though, right?

The brush is about $120.00 dealer price, much more retail. Good buy!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The brush is about $120.00 dealer price, much more retail. Good buy!

The tool shop must have ordered it for someone who never picked it up. It was certainly nothing they would normally stock.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/17/2015 3:45 AM, robobass wrote:

The brush is about $120.00 dealer price, much more retail. Good buy!

The tool shop must have ordered it for someone who never picked it up. It was certainly nothing they would normally stock.

Nobody would stock it and manufacturers would consider it a special.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

On 3/17/2015 3:45 AM, robobass wrote:

The brush is about $120.00 dealer price, much more retail. Good buy!

The tool shop must have ordered it for someone who never picked it up. It was certainly nothing they would normally stock.

Nobody would stock it and manufacturers would consider it a special.

How would you know, you aren't in that business! ;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.