Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anti-vaxers ...

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 10:40:46 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

"Vaccine Risk Perceptions and Ad Hoc Risk Communication: An Empirical
Assessment"

"Based on survey and experimental methods (N = 2,316), the Report
presents two principal findings: first, that vaccine risks are neither
a matter of concern for the vast majority of the public nor an issue
of contention among recognizable demographic, political, or cultural
subgroups..."

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=2386034

Ed,

Thanks for the pointer. I haven't read all of it, but the first part, at
least, is surprisingly clear and readable, even to someone outside the
field, and the conclusions seem... well, if we weren't dealing with human
beings attempting to describe human behaviour, I'd call them "obvious".
( Worth saying anyway, though. grin! )

I've passed it along to my niece Sophie, who spent a year studying Public
Health.

Frank McKenney
--
In medicine we all want certainty -- but we'd settle for rigor.
Rigor, though, demands a high price in the complexity and size

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 14:16:32 -0600, Frnak McKenney
wrote:

[...]

Oh, you're welcome, Frank. I'm glad you got some use out of it.

--
Ed Huntress