Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Running a welding BUSINESS from a garage???

Bob La Londe wrote

"Ignoramus11878" wrote in

I am just wondering what do you think about the prospects for that*

business idea. Maybe you are, were or know someone with that sort of*
business plan and know how it worked out.*

*
I do have some opinions about it, but I will withhold them to see what*
you think. I just laid out pertinent facts.*

*
Liability can be mitigated a number of ways. *An attorney can help him with*
a simple service agreement for work that includes a limitation of liability*
depending on the type of work he does. *Insurance is not required most*
places, but he can weigh the risks and make his own choices.

Difficulty in business is best resolved beforehand.

Would an attorney even want to work with a firm that has no full time accountant working there, for example? Would a bank want to make loans to such a company that has no full time lawyer working there? Would an accountant wish to work with a company having less than a certain number of employees or level of gross earnings? Would an insurance company trust a client that didn't have all of these things? If not, you can understand why insurance rates might skyrocket for your operation.

You have to look at your business prospects through the eyes of those you work with, too.