Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Millions of flashlight apps on phones/tablets infected...

On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:07:58 PM UTC-4, Thomas Paine wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in

. 4.170:

Thomas Paine fired this volley in

. 209.88:

Linear flow is

restricting, at least to me.

It would be to anyone. I was working in an interrupt-driven environment

before strapping on the newer languages, and that made event-driven GUIs

sort of a natural; but it took WAY longer than it should have to tease

out all the BADLY documented methods.

Oh... they document the classes, members, and functions, but do almost

nothing to explain why they're there; One has to fiddle with the

environment way too long to get the hang of how it works.

LLoyd

The help isn't that bad. At least the versions I've seen. Lists all the

Properties, Events, Methods, etc. I didn't find it hard to follow.

Enumerations are a headache, but I'm getting the hang of it.

But I've been doing variations on VBA for a long time. Started by accessing

Word, Excel and Outlook from Foxpro. I'm forever massaging Excel files

(business environment), got into the Crystal automation engine for all our

unit's weekly and monthly reports, I automate Lotus Notes to send me error

reports, I record as much as I can, variables, XML datasets, screen grabs

and email it to me behind the scenes with a nice clean exit and

notification for the user. We access a 3270, so I automate all the

primitives. I even rewrote the class modules into a DLL so we could access

the functions better and cut down on the code overheas in the apps.

I cheat and leave the autoomplete on. Just add a period and all the objects

show up. Once the references are added the autocomplete works for

everything.

--

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like

administering medicine to the dead.

- Thomas Paine

There's an awful lot of "You just gotta know" going on in the programming world. Thank god for Google and for the people who feel compelled to write about all this esoterica.