Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Antique lathe restoration pics, where to post?

I have started to remove the patina (read oily corrosion) from my old
B.F. Barnes lathe. The results are encouraging. I am still looking for
a 24 inch dia flat belt pulley for the machine. I am also looking for
a 1/4 to 1 HP antique electric motor for this machine. AC or DC. Any
voltage up to 480. I have an old motor I got from Seattle Metalhead
Grant that I will use until I get one that is at least 100 years old.
The motor Grant gave me (thanks again Grant) is probably about 70
years old and is a high RPM universal motor. While it will work I will
need reduction pulleys to lower the speed by 3/4. I also would like to
post pictures of the restoration so I can brag to, er, encourage
others to do the same with their old machines. So I would like a
simple fast way to post pictures.
Thanks,
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On Saturday, August 16, 2014 5:57:15 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Please do post to the Dropbox.
Otherwise, all the action on old machines is in the PM forum, in the Antiques sub-forum. Lots of Barnes fans there.
But you may already know that.

Rex
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Otherwise, all the action on old machines is in the PM forum, in the
Antiques sub-forum. Lots of Barnes fans there.
But you may already know that.

And what would the "PM forum" be?

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:15:06 -0700 (PDT), Rex
wrote:

[...]

Greetings Rex,
I did not know about the PM Antiques sub-forum. I assume you mean the
Practical Machinist forum. I'll look there. Thanks for your reply. I
will post the first pictures to the Dropbox this weekend.
Cheers,
Eric

Question re. antique auto restoration . . . Robert Swinney Metalworking 16 February 22nd 10 11:58 PM
Old lathe restoration [email protected] Woodworking 25 August 8th 06 06:25 PM
3" Antique Brushed Nickel Lamp Post MikeE Home Repair 2 July 26th 05 04:46 PM
Unisaw restoration progress part duex (w/pics) David F. Eisan Woodworking 3 May 25th 05 06:44 PM
Additional lathe, lathe stand pics in ABPW John Moorhead Woodworking 0 June 9th 04 02:51 AM